Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cath45
Level 7

why does roku continually lose my auto sign in to fox news, on all devices

within the past 2 weeks every other time that I click on fox news both of my rokus will ask for my cable sign in so I can connect.  Did something change?

4 Replies
ice-nine
Level 7

Re: why does roku continually lose my auto sign in to fox news, on all devices

Same here. The login credentials appear to expire after one day, which is completely annoying.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

That is unusual behavior.

Some apps require re-authentication if they detect multiple logins from the same account from different locations. Essentially, a way to reduce account sharing. In that case, it would be intentional behavior.

Note that a Roku device tied to the same Roku account at a different location may be considered "account sharing" if the app uses Roku's Single Sign On process.

However, when that is not the situation, it would most likely be an error that's causing it. And the error would not be the fault of the user.

Assuming the situation is the latter (that is, not sharing cable/satellite/streaming account credentials) one possible thing to fix it may be the following steps, in this order:

1. Launch the app
  2. If logged in, log out, then close the app. If not logged in, just go ahead and close the app.
  3. Remove the app from your Roku device.
  4. Reboot the Roku. In fact, reboot all of your Roku devices. Wait for all of them to finish rebooting.
  5. Reinstall the app on one device.
  6. Log in to the app and confirm it's working.

Don't skip a step. Don't change the order of the steps. Let us know if this works. Might take a couple of days to ensure that it's keeping the credentials.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
pryan212
Level 7

Happens to me all the time also, what the deal with this. 

ice-nine
Level 7

Already did the reinstall/reboot and the problem persisted.  This was done before I checked the Roku Community to see if others were having this issue.  

The Fox News app has it's own login (cable company), the credentials for which have not been shared with anyone.  Single Sign-On is not involved, and the only other login credentials on the Roku are for Netflix, and these credentials are obviously not the same.

I've seen similar behavior with the Fox News app a few years ago, so it's the app.  Whether the issues with the app are on the Fox News side, or the Roku side, are not clear.  Hopefully someone who works on this app actually uses it and will report the issue though the proper channel so that it can be resolved. I don't think any meaningful help can be obtained for online communities, apart from confirming the issue is widespread and perhaps catching the attention of the developers.

0 Kudos