Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlsev
Level 7

why does my roku 3 keeps deleting channels

It is deleting my most viewed channels, even while I am watching them.  I was watching on Spectrum, and it deleted while i was watching it.  I downloaded and starting watching, and again it immediately deleted the channel plus the hulu & amazon prime channels.  Has been doing this for the last couple weeks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dlsev
Level 7

Re: why does my roku 3 keeps deleting channels

It has also been adding random channels for the last 6 months.  They just show up, not any I have downloaded.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! Thanks for the note. 

It sounds like you may have multiple devices linked to your Roku account. If you add or remove a channel on one device linked to your Roku account, the same action will apply to all devices linked to the same Roku account. Channels are synced across all linked devices on your Roku account, so any changes on one device/player will affect the others as well. 

We'd suggest logging into your account at my.roku.com and checking your linked devices to see everything connected to your account. If you have a different device that you are using, and someone is modifying the channels on that other device, this would impact the device you are using. You can always factory reset any linked device to remove it from your account, and link it to a different Roku account if you want to have a different channel lineup on separate devices. (Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset) 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
dlsev
Level 7

WE only have 2 rokus on our account.  The other is in the bedroom and everytime its happened there has been no one else in the house.  We've also had both of these for at least 2 years and nothing like this has happened before, and adding/removing from 1 device has never affected the other before this.  This problem also doesnt happen with the other device, a a streaming stick
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"dlsev" wrote:
WE only have 2 rokus on our account.  The other is in the bedroom and everytime its happened there has been no one else in the house.  We've also had both of these for at least 2 years and nothing like this has happened before, and adding/removing from 1 device has never affected the other before this.  This problem also doesnt happen with the other device, a a streaming stick

You say the other device (Stick) isn’t impacted. Are you, while the app is removed from the Roku 3, checking the Stick? I suspect that is the case, but the info reported so far is contrary to how things work.

That often means assumptions are stated as fact, info is out of date when reported (checking the Stick after adding the removed app back to the Roku 3 is an example of this), info is misinterpreted, or something like that.

When an app is removed from or added to one Roku device on an account, it is removed from or added to all, as stated. What wasn’t stated is that the removal/adding is now pretty much instantaneous, where it used to wait until the nightly update. That’s why checking the Stick before re-adding is important.

And, just to be sure, when you scrolled down to the bottom of your Roku account page, you verified the serial numbers?

Sorry for being a pain, but what’s reported is very unusual, and slow careful verification of all these little things will help eliminate possibilities. Often, the mysterious removing/adding has a simple answer. This one ain’t simple.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dlsev

I would recommend going to Settings>System>About on both Roku devices and verifying what email address (Roku account) shows on each device. Then, visit my.roku.com and log into each Roku account to verify which devices are linked to each. 

When you say the channels are deleted, what gives you this indication? Do you see an error message and an action showing that a channel is being removed? Or, do you simply not see the channel tile appearing on the home screen any longer? 

If the email addresses (Roku accounts) match on both devices, and you can confirm that there are no additional devices linked to that account by logging in online, please feel free to send me a PM with the serial numbers of both Roku devices you own, as well as your Roku account email address(es) and I'd be happy to help look into this further. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mike_s
Level 8

Yep. Don't assume. Log into your account and check what devices are associated. You may have been hacked and someone added a device onto your account. So, when they add/delete channels, it happens on your's too.
0 Kudos