Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

what models of ROKU accept the Amazon App?

I recently purchased a ROKU Streaming Stick and found out that the amazon app cannot be used. which of your devices do allow amazon to be used?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: what models of ROKU accept the Amazon App?

Unless that Roku stick is ancient, most any Roku should support Amazon. By "cannot be used", what do you mean? Is it not listed as an available channel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm in Canada and for some dumb reason it says that the app is not available in Canada.  

I talked to amazon and they say they are not restricting it in Canada, so it must be a ROKU error and that exists on their configuration servers!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Davidhc 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact Amazon to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on that specific Roku device in your region.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos