Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

we're sorry. this channel is not available in your region

hi

i bought roku express in uk, registered account in italy but I'm sorry. this channel is not available in your region. i can't install tv and disney plus now, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: we're sorry. this channel is not available in your region

Where are you located now? Each channel determines where it will permit its Roku app to be used. Conflicts between where your account is based and where you are using it can cause the effect you're seeing.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

If your Roku account was created in one country, and now you're located in a different one, you need to create a new Roku account in your current location and do a hard reset of the Roku so you can register it to the new account. 

Content providers determine where their content can be viewed, and restrict access elsewhere. Even if your Roku account is in the US (for example), if you take your Roku outside the US, you won't be able to access any content that is restricted to only the US. Every country is assigned certain IP address ranges, so your locations is identified by that. And if it doesn't match your Roku account location, you will encounter issues with some channels.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

the roku was bought in uk but i use it in italy, I created an account by connecting to the home wifi with all the Italian data but now tv does not appear and neither does disney, if I create an account with us credentials, disney plus but no now tv appears to me, how do i solve? thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Its a regional thing and deals with legality.

There are plenty of Channels available everywhere.

You just have to experiment.

What counts is where you, are not where you created the account.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos