Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

watching TV screan freezes then goes to ROKU block letter screan and I can't get remote return to ho

this just started and is getting worse and more frequent watching a show or game screen freezes then goes to the block moving ROKU picture.  Can't get remote to change form this screen.  I have changed the batteries in the remote no help.  I unplugged the stick (3500) for a couple of hours and took the batteries out of the remote and then start each up and it went back to the home page.  Started watching the end of a football game and it did it again.  Unplugged it again for a couple of hours and took batteries out of remote and this time it has not reset. Is my Roku stick bad or what can I try to stop this problem.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: watching TV screan freezes then goes to ROKU block letter screan and I can't get remote return t

Sometimes they do freeze. You dont need to wait hours though.

Sometimes you can press the home button and this will get you there.

I doubt removing the batterys is necessary.

Try going to Settings/Display Type>> lower the resolution to 720p.

Is it mainly one Channel that freezes (Answer: YES)

When you cant get any responce with the remote Just unplug the Roku

count to 20 and plug it back in to reboot.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos