Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garyb2
Level 7

using 2 rokus simultaneously on same account at different locations

Jump to solution

can I use my roku simultaneously at my home while someone else uses one I own at my vacation home? And do the channels I purchase show up automatically on both rokus? Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: using 2 rokus simultaneously on same account at different locations

Jump to solution

Any channel/app added to one Roku will appear on all Rokus (if they support it) linked to the same Roku account.  Any subscriptions paid through Roku will be valid on all Rokus linked to the same account.  Some channels may have limits as to the number of simultaneous streams that can be watched.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Any channel/app added to one Roku will appear on all Rokus (if they support it) linked to the same Roku account.  Any subscriptions paid through Roku will be valid on all Rokus linked to the same account.  Some channels may have limits as to the number of simultaneous streams that can be watched.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

What @renojim said. I have used one of my Roku players while traveling, and someone at home was using another. No issues. Just the potential that some channels might only permit a single stream per user account. 

Yes, when multiple Roku devices are linked to the same user account, they all get the same channels installed, assuming the device supports the channel. Some channels won't work on older devices. But you still have to enter your user credentials in each channel that requires them. That also means if you remove a channel from one device it's removed from all others on that account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos