Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkollian
Level 7

unable to find HULU or prime APP on my roku (model no-4630X)

Jump to solution

i want to add a few channels to my roku , but unable to find

HULU or prime APP on my roku (model no-4630X)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: unable to find HULU or prime APP on my roku (model no-4630X)

Jump to solution

@lkollian wrote:

yes , my Roku account was initially in the US ,but I had sent it to my parents in India to use it.

That's the explanation. The Roku account they use must be created from a computer located in India, the Roku must be linked to that account, and then both Prime Video and Hulu have to be available in India. I have no answer about their availability there. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

I would expect the 4630 to be new enough to support both of those channels. Try adding them to your account using the Roku web site channel store (https://channelstore.roku.com/browse), then forcing an update on your Roku to load the channels. If after doing that they still don't appear, there's something else going on.

Are you located somewhere other than the US? Was your Roku user account created in a country different than where you are currently located?

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
lkollian
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes , my roku account was initially in the US ,but i had sent it to my parents in India to use it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@lkollian wrote:

yes , my Roku account was initially in the US ,but I had sent it to my parents in India to use it.

That's the explanation. The Roku account they use must be created from a computer located in India, the Roku must be linked to that account, and then both Prime Video and Hulu have to be available in India. I have no answer about their availability there. 

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos