Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oddly2002
Level 7

Re: un-geeky mom trying to set up WWE in a special needs adult group home...

!!!! I wasn't specific enough because, as admitted, I'm an "un-geeky" Mom. But I actually do okay - for an old lady Smiley Wink  This thread is VERY helpful.

Yes, Eric's Roku 4 in his room DOES stream. Thank God, because he can bring it down to the main living room for the pay per view. but since he is such a klutz, I bought them their own.
Power supply is provided by Roku, tot he wall, then a HDMI cable.
I will be interested to check wi-fi per your instructions here, to make positive that the bedroom unit is on the same one as the living room. I dont see what else it can be, but I will look.

I  will follow above instructions one more time for removal, re-set, re-intstall, then if that doesnt work I will factory re-set.

I may not get to this until tomorrow.

I'm also waiting for a reply from wwe/help.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Another thing to check is if the login credentials to the WWE accounts are the same, and that the one that's not working is an active WWE account.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tuna33
Level 8

My two cents:  I have no idea what WWE is, but it sounds like a paid subscription deal.  I have Sling TV, and at the lower of the two subscription levels--the Orange--the subscriber is limited (allowed) to a single stream of programing, i.e., two Rokus will not be allowed to stream Sling TV at the same time.  I have the Blue, higher level that permits up to three simultaneous streams.  Even with this I've run into problems on multiple TVs exceeding the three streams -- not because I had all the TVs on at the same time, but because I did not hit the "Home" button on the Roku remote when I was finished watching Sling TV on a particular TV.  So, if you are limited to one stream and your son has not set his Roku to the Home screen (or some other non-WWE channel), then you would have two Rokus trying to access WWE at the same time when only one is permitted.  Just a thought....
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

http://help.wwe.com/app/answers/detail/ ... r-login%3F

Only one device per account at a time.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 8

Sounds like you need to check your paid subscription terms. Technical perspective though, if you find your wifi signal strength is low in the main living room there we'll need to think about how to boost it. I'm assuming you don't have control of the router settings at all and that the staff handle that kind of thing? If so and they're not helpful at all, we'll need to consider the possibility of using a wifi extender of some description.
0 Kudos
oddly2002
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
http://help.wwe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39/~/how-many-streams-are-allowed-per-login%3F

Only one device per account at a time.

one device per account is no problem, because he usually watches the pay per view with the home, the rest of it by himself, but that's a great point and I'll have to make positive the house knows that. .
0 Kudos
oddly2002
Level 7

I just got back from the group home, I reset wifi, with the Roku unplugged - while it was unplugged I added a hdmi extender - made sure it was the only tv in the house trying to access Roku/WWE - I removed the WWE channel, unplugged and plugged the Roku in again hopefully to get a clean restart, re-installed Roku, signed in, the program still still stuck at " retrieving" -  I then checked the internet download speed under settings, says POOR.

Now Ive emailed the IT department (again)
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 11

Bring a large, multi floor facility there may be more than one "access point" for Wi-Fi. When you attempt connection near the spot where it'll reside, do you have more than one network to select from? 
Just wanting to make certain that it isn't trying to connect again to a more remote AP there.
There are network wifi signal apps that you can put on a smartphone or tablet and see more of what's available and comparative signal strength while at that tv.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

"oddly2002" wrote:
I just got back from the group home, I reset wifi, with the Roku unplugged - while it was unplugged I added a hdmi extender - made sure it was the only tv in the house trying to access Roku/WWE - I removed the WWE channel, unplugged and plugged the Roku in again hopefully to get a clean restart, re-installed Roku, signed in, the program still still stuck at " retrieving" -  I then checked the internet download speed under settings, says POOR.

Now Ive emailed the IT department (again)

Another thought, possibly not worth much, could you try switching the two Rokus? If that works is it possible to switch the two Rokus permanently?
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos