Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjkiii

trying to watch foxnow, says channel is not in my package

Jump to solution

Trying to watch foxnow, however I get channel is not supported by my dish package. Dish says it is supported and the issue is not on their end.  Trying to watch Last Man Standing which I have watched each week for this season 9 but have issue tonight.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: trying to watch foxnow, says channel is not in my package

Jump to solution

@jjkiii

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Fox Now support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Fox support here: https://help.fox.com/s/contactsupport

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jjkiii

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Fox Now support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Fox support here: https://help.fox.com/s/contactsupport

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dj58
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Foxnow works on 1 roku tv and 1 roku device but not on a 2nd roku tv. I don’t think it is fox’s issue.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dj58 

Give us more information. What do you mean "not works?" The app won't install? The app installs but won't launch? The app launches but crashes? The app launches but no content shows? The app launches, but playing content crashes? And so on. There are so many things that could mean. Tell us what's going on. Imagine we're not there with you and can't see what you see. Describe what's happening.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Dj58
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the error I get: Your msauth_midco_net package does not contain FNC. But my midco package does include the Fox News channel and I do not get that error on my other Roku devices.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dj58 

That is odd indeed.

Confirm the Roku devices are on the same account. Look at the email address on Settings > System > About

Assuming they're the same, check the app version on each device. Are they the same version/build?

Assuming so, then on the device where the app isn't working, ensure you are logged out of your cable provider of the Fox Now app. Then, remove the app, reboot the Roku, and reinstall the app.

I know you've probably done much of this, but do those steps in that order and see how it goes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Dj58
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed your steps and it now works. Thanks!

0 Kudos