Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duranrene
Level 7

trying to add HGTV it says contact cable provider ..i dont have one how do i add it?

Jump to solution

I have been trying to add HGTV and it keeps telling me to contact my cable company but i dont have one and there is no way to just pay for the channel. its free with my subscription..how do i add it???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: trying to add HGTV it says contact cable provider ..i dont have one how do i add it?

Jump to solution

Some channels offer a subscription so you don't have to have a TV provider, but others require a cable/satellite subscription. Sounds like HGTV is one of the latter. But there are other options. With some providers, you can use an online TV service as your provider, such as YouTube TV or Sling. But then those services also offer HGTV as one of their channels. I just checked the Sling web site, and HGTV is available through them. For $30 per month you get quite a few channels. But that might be more than you want to pay if HGTV is the only one you're interested in. YouTube TV offers even more channels, but for a higher cost. But both offer DVR functionality, and that might be worth something to you as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: trying to add HGTV it says contact cable provider ..i dont have one how do i add it?

Jump to solution

Some channels offer a subscription so you don't have to have a TV provider, but others require a cable/satellite subscription. Sounds like HGTV is one of the latter. But there are other options. With some providers, you can use an online TV service as your provider, such as YouTube TV or Sling. But then those services also offer HGTV as one of their channels. I just checked the Sling web site, and HGTV is available through them. For $30 per month you get quite a few channels. But that might be more than you want to pay if HGTV is the only one you're interested in. YouTube TV offers even more channels, but for a higher cost. But both offer DVR functionality, and that might be worth something to you as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos