Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
151NW22
Level 7

transfering apps from user profile to guest profile

Jump to solution

On my owner user Roku profile, I have my spectrum TV app (which is no longer supported by Roku) which works fine.  However, when I enter guest mode, the spectrum TV app is no longer there.  How can I transfer the app over to the guest mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: transfering apps from user profile to guest profile

Jump to solution

I don't believe that's possible. Guest mode is not connected to your personal user account, and that's the only way you can access the Spectrum channel, in that you had it prior to the end of their previous contract back in December. Guest mode can only get a channel that's available in the channel store on the device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: transfering apps from user profile to guest profile

Jump to solution

I don't believe that's possible. Guest mode is not connected to your personal user account, and that's the only way you can access the Spectrum channel, in that you had it prior to the end of their previous contract back in December. Guest mode can only get a channel that's available in the channel store on the device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos