Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkap
Level 7

too manay ads on Roku

20 ads for a TV show on ROKU!

WAY Too Many for a 45 min show!

4 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: too manay ads on Roku

Welcome to Planet Earth.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@tkap wrote:

20 ads for a TV show on ROKU!

WAY Too Many for a 45 min show!

What are you watching that has these ads? Unless it's The Roku Channel, Roku themselves have no control over it. The only way to get ad-free viewing is to have a paid subscription to a provider such as Netflix or Prime Video (and they even have some ad supported content, but most is ad-free).

I agree with @boogernose , for free content you're going to get ads. Depending on the service provider, even paying something might only reduce the ads, not eliminate them completely. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
tkap
Level 7

watching The Roku Channel used to be 4 - 6 ads which is bearable for a 45 min show

I watch Netflix and Hulu also and Youtube

too bad there is not a way to contact Roku

Strega
Level 15

I guess we all have different tolerances for ads.  Several people I know have not watched any ads for decades.  Others will put up with anything for "free TV".  I'm closer to the former.  I used to watch more youtube but even in the past I was annoyed at how long it took many youtube videos to "get to the point". Since ads have gotten more common on youtube, I go there much less. In standard Econ 101 they teach a demand curve of price vs demand, but for me there's a demand curve of ads vs demand too. But as my demand goes down, they are hoping to make more money on the people still willing to watch.