Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

tizen from samsung roku app

Jump to solution

I have a new samsung q model with Tizen.    Tizen comes with a ROKU app.    I cannot add anything to that app.    I can add channels to my ROKU account on a computer.   I can sign in to the same account from the Tizen version of the ROKU app on the TV.

They don't link.   I can't get a link code.   I can't add channels on the TV.  I can't view new channels from the computer.

my goal is to add channels for BBC, CNN, France 24, and other news sources to the ROKU app on the TV or to the computer based ROKU account that I can then plug into my TV.   I can't do either. 

I cannot generate a link code on the TV to connect to the app that allows me to add channels on the computer.   

It's frustrating to be so close, but not have control over something so simple. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: tizen from samsung roku app

Jump to solution

@oktryitnow 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that The Roku Channel app on a TV will not have the same functionality as a Roku device or a Roku TV. You will be unable to add channels to The Roku Channel, as it is just the app and not the Roku platform.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@oktryitnow 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that The Roku Channel app on a TV will not have the same functionality as a Roku device or a Roku TV. You will be unable to add channels to The Roku Channel, as it is just the app and not the Roku platform.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

i seem to be having the same issue. We have about 10 apps or channels downloaded on a streaming device as well as a roku tv. We downloaded the app on our new samsung tv thinking the content would be the same. But we cant see any of the channels 😕.  Only the free content.  We have signed in and out a few times, updated passwords and such. Still, none of the apps we pay for are available. Is there an update as Roku is stillngetting the money?

0 Kudos