Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

timeout when adding new channels

All of a sudden I can't add new channels to my rook ultra. They start adding, get to about 14% and then adding fails. Any ideas or workarounds ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: timeout when adding new channels

Anyone ? I've rebooted Ultra several times and checked the internet connection-- says excellent. Could it be something at Roku end ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mintakax 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried removing any unused channels on your Roku device? After removing the channels, reboot your device then try adding the channel(s) you are looking to add.

Does this resolve the issue you are experiencing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Thank you for the suggestion Danny . Actually the problem cleared up, but I'm not sure why. I had no problems watching any content, including 4K, but I just could not add new channels, despite the Roku reporting excellent bandwidth. As an experiment, I moved the Ultra and  directly hardwired it to my cable modem/router (and a spare HDMI monitor), turned it on and 30 secs later, all the channels that had failed to add were listed in my home channels.... without me having to add them... weird. I moved the ultra back to the original room and was able to quickly add new channels.  Not sure if the 30 secs of faster hookup did something or if it was just coincidence ?

0 Kudos