Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there is a store display mode menu that keeps popping up on the screen

TCL Roku menu keeps popping up as I watch tv

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: there is a store display mode menu that keeps popping up on the screen

Roku TVs (not other Roku devices) have a store/demo mode that can be selected during initial set up. There is no provision in the user interface to change this later. To get out of store mode you do a factory reset (Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset) and set up again from scratch. When asked, select home use instead of store/demo.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
notJoeKing

A factory reset is no longer required. Under System -> Settings there is a Store Display Mode checkbox that can be toggled off.

0 Kudos
dia1209

anybody help me i am in the store mode and i cant get out of it plz help 

0 Kudos
dia1209

can someone help me i am in the store mode and i cant get out i want to be on the mode home plz help me guys

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@dia1209 

If this is a non-RokuTV, then use the TV remote (not a Roku remote) and look under the various settings to enable home mode.  Post back your TV model number if you need more help.

If this is a RokuTV, you will have to Factory Reset the RokuTV and select Home Mode during the setup and activation phase.  Either press and hold in the Reset button for 30+ seconds or select Factory Reset from the Settings menu,

Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Mecha

Yes

0 Kudos