Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oppidum
Level 7

the Sky News channel (which I have watched for years on Roku) says "invalid token"

Jump to solution

On my Roku, when I go to the Sky News channel (which I have watched for years on Roku), it says "invalid token" and will not show me the channel.

I first got this error a few days ago, and I thought that maybe it was a momentary problem, but I am still getting it now.

My Roku says that it automatically updates once a day, but I manually updated it last night to see if I could solve the Sky News issue.  Unusually, the manual update took a while, and there was a sequence of about 4 strange names thrown up on the screen during the update process (I gathered they were jokey names that were taken from some space movie, such as Star Wars or Star Trek or something) -- which I've never noticed before when doing Roku manual updates.

I am still able to see the few other channels I tend to watch via the Roku, so it does not seem to be a fundamental problem with my Roku equipment, or with my Roku account.

On the general/free YouTube Roku channel, I can go to Sky News on YouTube and watch their live news feed for free with my Roku, but it does not have the full functionality of the actual Sky News Roku app.  (Which isn't that good of an app, but it does have some helpful aspects).

I have looked this problem up on the Roku support site and on the internet generally, and I have not seen any other complaints about it.  I expect not many Americans watch Sky News (the UK version) on their Roku, but for me to have found no complaints at all, I am wondering if it is something specific to my account or my equipment. 

I have not even seen any Roku customer complaints (regarding any channel) about receiving the specific on-screen error message that says "invalid token", which surprises me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: the Sky News channel (which I have watched for years on Roku) says "invalid token"

Jump to solution

Try these steps in this order:

1. Remove the app from your Roku device.
  2. Reboot all Roku devices.
  3. Add the app again.

Let us know what happens.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: the Sky News channel (which I have watched for years on Roku) says "invalid token"

Jump to solution

Try these steps in this order:

1. Remove the app from your Roku device.
  2. Reboot all Roku devices.
  3. Add the app again.

Let us know what happens.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
oppidum
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you - deleting it and reinstalling it seems to have worked. 

0 Kudos
denhow
Level 9

Jump to solution

This is interesting. I have a Roku 2 (4210x) which updated to version 10.0.0 today. After the update I had exactly the same issue with Sky News. Removing, rebooting and reinstalling fixed it for me too.

0 Kudos