Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'tcl roku tv': live tv and tv streaming channels *(channel guide)*

i got a very important question?  my roku tv just got the latest update this morning. and now when go live tv (over-the-air tv) and bring up my channel guide all my channels are displayed as they should be. but after scrolling through the last tv channel on the guide its now got something called ^streaming tv^ with a list all of those channels as well and for descriptions of what show is on, and whatever streaming channel its on. thts fine and good, what i need to know is how does a person create a favorites list manually for the ^streaming tv^ channels as well. hopefully a representitive who works for ROKU or anybody has some tips and suggestions how to accomplish this. THANKS!

6 Replies
Level 12

Re: 'tcl roku tv': live tv and tv streaming channels *(channel guide)*

I am glad to see Roku finally added the streaming channels back to the guide. That being said, like you and probably others, I wish they would either add a way to add favorites or hide channels you are not interested in.

Level 7

I agree the new guide needs a favorites option and the option to delete channels I have no intention of watching. Too much clutter to deal with.

also besides that: they ought to add a DVR APP where you can record tv shows and watch them later, if somebody has a ROKU TV. even if it cost a small time fee etc..  i'd considering purchasing it. because i own several over-the-digital set top boxs that do this already (record & watch).  and they've had these out on the market for some fairly number of years now.    ARE YOU LISTENING AND READING THIS ROKU?!?!!

0 Kudos

exactly! why don't they do this **bleep** in the 1st place especially on the new update, app tv streaming channels *(channel guide)*. i love how these idiots come with these new products apps and updates, features, and never think the whole process through & thoroughly on this **bleep**! it's a pet peave of mine, but an important point the way this modern age does everything! THANKS FOR REPLY...

i never knew they did this sometime back. i first ran accross it a couple days before i put my 1st post about this for discussion. what you said was my point. somebody needs to take an ugly stick and beat them figuratively so they think these new products and features through more and be thorough and stop waiting to take forever or doing nothing at all to make these features more robust and accessable etc...  not just ROKU, that means anything thats designed or made in this high tech modern age!  but thats me...

Level 7

When you view a live streaming TV channel from The Roku Channel. You can easily browse an electronic program guide (EPG) called Live TV Channel Guide to help you find live streaming programs. You can also view the same live streaming TV channels and browse Live TV Channel Guide on your Roku TV, etc.

0 Kudos