Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
99RC
Level 7

starting this morning all Xfinity channels are getting TVAPP-00116.

Starting today's ROKU TV all of the Xfinity channels are getting the TV_APP-0016 error. My tv is currenty running the ROKU software 10.0.2 build 4295. I haven't had any issues with the Xfinity app until this morning after 9:00 a.m. central time. I manually check for another ROKU system update and could not update the TV and restarted my tv whih didn't help. Other apps such as the ROKU channel & Prime Video all seem to be working fine.  Any thoughts beside contact Xfinity?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: starting this morning all Xfinity channels are getting TVAPP-00116.

@99RC 

If Xfinity is the only thing not working, that certainly points to Xfinity as the issue.

There have been several posts about various Xfinity issues over the last 24-36 hours. I'm thinking Xfinity is having some connectivity and authentication issues.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TLK1
Level 7

I am having the same error issues with the Xfinity Beta App and so is my neighbor. Any idea how to fix it? I have used this app for over 2yrs now without any issues until today.

0 Kudos
Airica
Level 7

Same issue started yesterday, Ruku Beta app is instructing to subscribe to channels that are already paid for. All other devices such as the cable box xfinity app on phone/iPad seem to be working and showing all the paid channels listed on account.  Has anyone found a solution? 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@TLK1 @Airica 

As mentioned, it's up to Xfinity, who built the app and provides the servers to which the app connects, to resolve this. Comcast will need to resolve this. All indications are it's on the Comcast end.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos