Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

spectrum tv on mobile app says "requires subscription" - logged in successfully on Roku device

I am logged in and able to view the Spectrum channel and On Demand episode I want to watch on my Roku attached to my TV.  I want to watch the same show through the phone app, but it says "Spectrum TV Requires Subscription," and shows a triangle button that takes me back to the remote screen. It does not give me any way to authenticate my Spectrum account in the phone app. How do I access this content from my phone?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: spectrum tv on mobile app says "requires subscription" - logged in successfully on Rok

Not sure what you are explaining. Are you using the Spectrum app on your phone? If so, that is an issue with Spectrum and not Roku. The Roku phone app is only for remote control and viewing some content available through the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: spectrum tv on mobile app says "requires subscription" - logged in successfully on Rok

Thank you, andyross, for your response, but I think I haven't made my problem clear.  I am using the mobile app on my iPhone. I'm looking at episode titles that I cannot play because it says "requires subscription."  This isn't a case of me expecting more out of the app than was designed. I can watch free Roku channel content from my phone. It looks like the app allows me to watch my cable company's offerings if I am logged in to a legitimate account. See attached photos - for example, episode 7 of The Good Witch directs me to different options to watch.  When I click the play icon for Spectrum, (or the play icon for any of the other options, including purchase options) it takes me to the main remote screen.  I can watch this title just fine on my TV with the Roku device.  I need to know where in the mobile app I need to verify my subscription info in order to watch on my mobile app.

IMG-0640.PNGIMG-0641.PNG

0 Kudos