Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ambitiouslife20
Level 7

spectrum app not working

Jump to solution

I did all I can for the spectrum app to work but it's not working so what what should I do to make this app to work?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: spectrum app not working

Jump to solution

@db72 

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ambitiouslife20 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
db72
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine also isn’t working. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t work. And it’s not working both my roku TVs in my house   

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@db72 

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spectrum channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
md2121
Level 7

Jump to solution

My issue was similar but with only 1 of 4 Roku's Spectrum TV quit working. The Roku that had the issue had not been updated for sometime. Updated the Roku Software, rebooted, attempted to start Spectrum app  - Still would not started up. 
Solution : Removed and added channel as suggested , all is working on all 4 Roku's. 

0 Kudos
mojoe_h
Level 7

Jump to solution

Don't know if the solution I found will work for you, but I am happy to share it.  I have two wi-fi connection links; one says 5G at the end of the link, the other says 2G.  I had been connected to the link ending in 5G.  Both my roku remotes were slow, particularly while in the Spectrum app.  I switched to the connection ending in 2G, and wow, what a difference.  So far, so good.  No more lag issues.  BY the way, both connections showed excellent signal strength, so I don't know why this worked, but it did.

Good luck.  It's so frustrating when the remote barely works.

0 Kudos
JazzyO
Level 7

Jump to solution

Doesn't work