Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coneofsilence
Level 8

some apps Google Play, Criterion Channel,& Hulu not loading this morning 8/21/20

Jump to solution

This morning Google Play will not open progress line freezes, Criterion Channel won't open has an error message "we are unable to load this content, try again". Hulu will not generate a sign in code or recognize my correct sign-in & password. Everything works ok signing in on my laptop using firefox web browser. I checked for Roku updates. I have uninstalled the apps reset the roku Hisense TV factory settings, then reinstalled the apps but they still do not work. I also have reset my DSL modem 3 times. Nothing works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coneofsilence
Level 8

Re: some apps Google Play, Criterion Channel,& Hulu not loading this morning 8/21/20

Jump to solution

I found out my problem was caused by my  ISP, not Roku. I found I was having selective connection issues on my computer, like windows update not working, as well as the problems I had with certain Roku Channels.. I contacted my ISP and they gave me some settings changes for DSL modem. Now all Roku apps are working well.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
coneofsilence
Level 8

Re: some apps Google Play, Criterion Channel,& Hulu not loading this morning 8/21/20

Jump to solution

Vudu, HBO & Movies Anywhere apps are opening and playing OK on my Roku TV. Google Play, Criterion Channel, will not open. Hulu app will not generate a sign in code and does not recognize my correct sign in & password. These sites work fine on-line with a laptop using Firefox, but Google, Criterion, & Hulu will not play on my Roku Hisense TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@coneofsilence 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried to connect your TV to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still seeing the same issue with those channels?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build are the channels (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
coneofsilence
Level 8

Jump to solution
have no other network to try
Roku TV  8214X
Hisense model     32H4+
serial #     YK0026362264
software  9.3.0 build 4194-90
device ID   R2W012362264

google play version 2.1     build 20200803
criterion ch.     version 5.901   build 1
Hulu       version 6.33   build 1

I replied to the email I recieved but I guess it did not post my reply here. I'm a new roku owner and buying a roku TV has just added to my problems instead of solving them. 
0 Kudos
coneofsilence
Level 8

Jump to solution

I wanted a device to stream Criterion Channel and Hulu neither will open any more they worked fine untill last week. Same thing with Google play worked fine until sometime last week. HBO, Vudu, Fandango Now, all work fine. Sorry I bought a Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@coneofsilence 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
coneofsilence
Level 8

Jump to solution

I found out my problem was caused by my  ISP, not Roku. I found I was having selective connection issues on my computer, like windows update not working, as well as the problems I had with certain Roku Channels.. I contacted my ISP and they gave me some settings changes for DSL modem. Now all Roku apps are working well.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
angelmora1981
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@coneofsilence 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Worked for Google Play Movies

Thanks! 

0 Kudos