Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doug79
Level 8

Re: sling app change on or about July 2021, menu problems

Jump to solution

I guess they are steering me from my preferred ROKU to a Amazon box or fire stick. It's a shame they just won't revert back on ROKU, the old app was just fine. Thanks for contacting them, sorry they don't care.

0 Kudos
mshoultes
Level 7

Jump to solution

I do not like the new version at all. If you're watching a show and want to go back to the guide it is almost impossible. It makes me feel like I'm car sick looking at the screen of the guide.

rsiefert
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, ROKU. I understand that. I did reach out to Sling and they did say they would report my comments to their development team. I suggest others do the same.

Freak469
Level 7

Jump to solution

The Sling app on Roku is horrible. I used to use my Roku for Sling instead of the app on my LG tv because it preformed better. But now I refuse to use the Roku for it. I do use my Roku for other apps.

Who ever thought up the new format needs kicked right in his mommy/daddy parts with gold cleats.

0 Kudos
Teasip
Level 7

Jump to solution

I haven't figured out a way to change the guide date either on the new Roku app.  The only way I can see ahead is rapid scan right through guide to date I want to visit.  Yuk.

0 Kudos
fentondeejay
Level 8

Jump to solution

This was also true of the so-called Cloud that was available on so many channels, my favorite being TCM!  One used to be able to use the down arrow (while the current show was streaming live) and see what was available to stream independently at any time.  With the new update, I couldn't find those Cloud/On Demand programs and had to call into Sling.  By the way, I was hopping mad because Sling didn't even notify us of this change -- isn't that MINIMAL CUSTOMER SERVICE??????  The gal I spoke with knew the answer immediately, thank you very much.  HOWEVER, I'm left with moving into the Guide, clicking on to the station and finding the available programs!  WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD FORMAT?  Also, now I get highlighted stations on the opening page that I never watch and don't want to watch.  Is this a way of advertising?  SLING TV, you outdid yourself this time!  I've worked this new format under several different circumstances and just cannot find a single appropriate word to describe my ire!  Reverting back to cable is the only alternative, it appears.

0 Kudos
fentondeejay
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how one knows when customers leave or start Sling TV service.  I'm ready to leave Sling after many pretty satisfied years.  Typically, the thing that would slightly get under my skin was when they eliminated stations that interested me.  With low cost, I felt that I could abide by that to some degree.  But, this new menu format is so ghastly that I have searched the internet over and over again to find other complaints.  This Roku Community seems to be the place!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
rsiefert
Level 8

Jump to solution

They recently added a "Browse by channel" line on the home page, which helps somewhat. When I chatted with Sling, they said more changes were coming. For me, it it the least expensive way to get ESPN channels that I only use for college football. I was happy with the old platform.

0 Kudos