Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stubby
Level 7

sign in for "hulu", " you tube" ??

Jump to solution

Got a new router installed by local ISP and also installed new Roku Express a week or two before that. After new router was installed my roku wouldn't work. Messed with it a bit and got my netflix and roku to work for one day and then it disappeared. Did a reset to factory original and did setup. Got my netflix back and roku is there but now it wants me to sign in to things like hulu, youtube, etc. I don't have a " sign in" for any roku streamings such as those mentioned above, never had to sign in and don't know how.  any ideas? HELP  PLEASE

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Level 15

Re: sign in for "hulu", " you tube" ??

Jump to solution

Signing in to youtube is optional.

I don't have hulu, but for those channel/apps I have, it seems that if I have an account directly with them, I sign in (or use a link code that is used in conjunction with signing in on the web.)  If they are paid for via roku, then I believe I don't have to sign in.  These sign-ins are required so infrequently (like when you get a new roku or do a factory reset) that it's easy to forget about them.  It's been so long for me that it's not entirely clear.

I'll bet that if you go to hulu's website and click on the "I forgot my password", they will send you a link to reset the password of the account you don't remember.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

Signing in to youtube is optional.

I don't have hulu, but for those channel/apps I have, it seems that if I have an account directly with them, I sign in (or use a link code that is used in conjunction with signing in on the web.)  If they are paid for via roku, then I believe I don't have to sign in.  These sign-ins are required so infrequently (like when you get a new roku or do a factory reset) that it's easy to forget about them.  It's been so long for me that it's not entirely clear.

I'll bet that if you go to hulu's website and click on the "I forgot my password", they will send you a link to reset the password of the account you don't remember.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

Oh, and I'm assuming that when you did the factory reset you linked it to the same roku account as before. 

0 Kudos