Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwgridley
Level 7

several apps randomly stop playback at the end of tracks means it is a Roku problem

Several music streaming stop playback after 1 or 2 songs which means it is a Roku problem not just Pandora etc.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: several apps randomly stop playback at the end of tracks means it is a Roku problem

Hard to say. I have Pandora streaming for hours yesterday and today on my Ultra 4800. What model Roku device are you using that is doing this?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: several apps randomly stop playback at the end of tracks means it is a Roku problem

@Kwgridley wrote:

Several music streaming stop playback after 1 or 2 songs which means it is a Roku problem not just Pandora etc.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If that doesn't fix it:

Channel owners create their own Roku channel apps, provide them to Roku, and maintain them. The only channels controlled by Roku are their own Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. For other channels, Roku just provides the platform on which they run. Problems in how a particular channel operates should be directed to that channel.

Note that some channels may not have taken Roku model variations into account when  programming their Roku channel app, or have chosen not to complicate their app by accommodating older discontinued Roku models.  When contacting them, it is useful to include your Roku model and number (found via Settings > System > About).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos