Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
31sonicss
Level 7

selecting specific channel without scrolling thru entire channel guide?

After pulling up my spectrum tv and clicking on the "guide"  which shows all my channels how can i input a specific channel and go right to it ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FloridaGuy
Level 8

Re: selecting specific channel without scrolling thru entire channel guide?

The Roku reorder channel feature allows you to place your favorites on the top of the guide to give you quick access to those channels without going through the entire channel guide.  I use it to mimic the DirecTV guide I was used to.  I find it to be a great feature and it makes life easier.  In the guide go to options and mark it as favorite, then in options you can relocate it.

0 Kudos
FloridaGuy
Level 8

I should add that it depends on the streaming service you subscribe to, I was describing Fubo, but Youtube TV does the same thing, and other probably do as well.  The only thing Roku give you is the selection of those services.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@FloridaGuy , the OP is referring to a particular app, not the Roku OTA channel guide. And since you can't designate a channel as a favorite yourself (the TV determines a favorite by how often you view it) the Favorites view is in my opinion worthless. 

@31sonicss Since Roku remotes don't have numeric keypads, there's no way to direct enter a channel number. What might work is using the Roku app on a phone or tablet. It's available in the iOS App Store or the Google Play store for Android. The app does offer a keyboard that might work with the Spectrum TV app. I can't say for certain, but I doubt there's a setting that selects a default channel within the app. But I could be wrong, so look through the settings within the Spectrum app (not the Roku settings). 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos