Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnnyyyyboi
Level 7

screen casting

It won't let me screen cast my Android to my TV how do I fix this the TV doesn't pop up when I try to cast my screen

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: screen casting

Most of the Android casting re:Roku (from Cast icon on Android mobile device) is limited to those things that are either Chromecast compatible or the like. (Youtube or other sites that show cast icon).  Check to see if you can cast Youtube to your Roku from your Android. (If so, then working).  Simply being on a webpage and pressing the Android Cast icon likely won't work for most sites with the Roku.

With my Android Phone, I use Web Video Caster or Castify or Rokify apps from the Play Store to cast everything else regarding online streaming or other files.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Johnnyyyyboi wrote:

It won't let me screen cast my Android to my TV how do I fix this the TV doesn't pop up when I try to cast my screen

Generally speaking, mirroring (remote display) and casting (remote control) are two different things.

Roku devices support Miracast (mirroring), DIAL (casting), AirPlay2 (casting & mirroring), and Play on Roku (casting).

Its more useful to state your brand/model device that you are trying to mirror/cast from.

Your (unknown type/brand/model) Android device may or may not support Miracast for screen mirroring.

Individual apps are cast-enabled (DIAL or Play on Roku:  e.g, NetFlix, YouTube), and you would use the cast icon within them to cast.

If you haven't already restarted all devices (Roku/Roku TV, Android device) and trying again, I recommend doing so.

0 Kudos
jakcpot493
Level 7

Most of the Android casting Roku from Cast icon on Android mobile tool is restrained to those matters which are both Chromecast like minded or the like. YouTube or different websites that show cast icon. Check to see if you could cast YouTube for your Roku from your Android.

0 Kudos