Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsetzer

Roku TV turns black? Need help!

Thanks Roku ! While relaxing and enjoying our evening at home binge watching TV in our Pooltable room on 1/ 19 /2022… suddenly our screen turns black….?? No ! this can’t be , the television is only a year and a half old…☹️ 
After troubleshooting for 30 minutes or so, with no results. , decided to go to bed ☹️
My 50” Hisense Roku Smart TV is no longer working.  
Today I stumble onto an article on a Roku Outage that caused damage to TV’s and devices.

Thanks for ruining our evening and my wallet. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Roku TV turns black? Need help!

Same for us. Our streaming device was working fine during the day but now is done. All the support had to say was "it is out of warranty". If your outage broke it claim responsibility 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

If you can get to the menu do a factory reset of the TV.  If you can not get to the menu there is a place on the back of the TV to use a paper clip to do a factory reset.  Check your user manual to find the location for the factory reset.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jsetzer @Yargerthomas

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? What is your Roku TV doing at the moment?

Please be aware that the Roku outage reported was on Wednesday and since has been resolved. For clarification, issues that you are experiencing after that date would not be related to the outage.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos