Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haleycaroline
Level 7

roku keeps closing apps

every time i try to use any channel/streaming service (except for netflix) my roku express keeps on exiting the streaming services after 3-10 minutes. I’ve tried removing the apps and re-downloading them, turning off the bandwidth saver, doing a system reset, and then doing a factory reset. nothing seems to work. @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: roku keeps closing apps

That sounds either like the unit is overheating, or it has a hardware failure. In either case it sounds like a warranty replacement is in order. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: roku keeps closing apps

Is your Roku device powered by plugging it into a USB port on your television? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos