Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idiot_feature
Channel Surfer

Re: roku exits youtube, amazon every 30 mins

Jump to solution

I still have issues like this all the time.

Shouldn't be too hard to NOT EXIT an app.

0 Kudos
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku 3500X stick has been randomly crashing over the past 6 months.  My service is Verizon and I am watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and now Acorn.  It is plugged into and HDMI port on my TV and also plugged into an outlet for power. It got so bad last night that I had to watch Acorn on my PC as the Roku on my big screen is just too frustrating.    I am looking for a solution and actually thinking after reading all these posts that it is the Roku device and even upgrading won't solve the issue. Oh, and I've been checking that latest s/w updates and have rebooted my device so many times I've lost count. Nothing helps. So your solution to restart the system is useless to me.  Roku - help me. PLEASE.

0 Kudos
OneAfterAnother
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pluto TV does it too........Only, it doesn't exit to the home screen. It just goes black after 35 to 40 min's but doesn't exit to home screen. I made a post about it and they are looking into it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel(s) from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel(s) back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I can try this with some of the other aps but Acorn TV I just added so I'm not convinced this is going to solve my problem.  I forgot to mention that I also just installed an extender cable provided by Roku.  Thought that would help but it didn't so I tried a different HDMI port in the back of my TV,  Still crashing.....My Roku is a 3500X and my TV is an older Sony 1080p.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lacawana
Channel Surfer

Re: roku exits acorn, amazon, netflix every 30 mins

Jump to solution

Hi Danny.

Thanks for your response.  The Roku is plugged into an outlet.  It has been working fine for the whole time I've had it and just started acting up 9-10 months ago.  I'm guessing that it's a software issue.  I've read that getting a newer roku might not work so I'm very hesitant.  Right now I have to watch streaming on my PC.

Lauren

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: roku exits acorn, amazon, netflix every 30 mins

Jump to solution

@Lacawana 

Thanks for the information.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i have the same problem with my roku 2 except only with youtube. it sends me back to the home screen right after i click a video. i've tried restarting my roku as well and it did nothing

0 Kudos
Zeekile
Reel Rookie

Re: I have this problem with the streaming stick plus however it stops after exactly ten minutes,.

Jump to solution

My streaming stick plus stops after exactly ten minutes no matter what service I'm using.   Restarting, updating, changing data saving setting does no help.  This started about two weeks ago.  Prior operation was great, but now this device is going in the trash if it can't be fixed.  It turns off even when streaming audio from Pandora.   Any suggestions?

0 Kudos