Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
textexin
Level 7

roku exits youtube, amazon every 30 mins

I have a roku express+ and a roku 2. Recently both have started dropping youtube videos or amazon videos at 30 minute intervals. They just exit to the home screen. I think after exactly 30 minutes.
I can resume the video, and watch for another 30 mins and it repeats.
The roku 2 is at another home, so it isnt the network. Both are fed by comcast, but different accounts so I dont think the problem is comcast intentionally doing something (but I havent ruled it out).
I dont think the problem happens on my windows laptop.
It happens with youtube and amazon so I dont think it is an app issue. Did a recent update to both rokus cause the problem?

The problem began in the last month or so I think.

Any solutions or ideas for diagnosing the problem in more detail?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rooktoo
Level 7

Re: roku exits youtube, amazon every 30 mins

I have had the same problem for many months. Apparently, it only affects the express+ units.

Roku seems uninterested in fixing it.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. 

Our team is aware of the reports of this issue, and has been working to help resolve this. Please stay tuned for further updates as we know more and have a solution available. We'll be sure to follow up on these threads. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
textexin
Level 7

rooktoo, thanks for adding your voice. I agree there seems to be very little movement by roku on this. Personally, I would like them to drop back to a version of their software before the problem started. The problem makes it very annoying to watch a video longer than 30 minutes, since it is interrupted and requires going thru the menus to get back to the point to resume.
0 Kudos