Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y2jman
Level 7

roku 3rd part log out after system update now no authorization activate roku

I got a roku back on july 5th and set it up july 6th did a software update and set it up everything was working put in code watch direct tv as my tv provider up to aug 26-sept 4th the next morning roku did software update

basically it log me out direct tv and basically in a nutshell apps like usa network that is already link to direct tv saying sorry having some trouble your tv subscription no incuded package yet I do have usa network

error code no authz

other apps like hbo go or show anywhere despite that I have hbo and showtime when I activate hbo go I type in hbo go tv sign in put code in then select direct tv as my provider it opens up direct tv log in I used same email and password as my at and instead of accepting password it rejects it giving me error
saying I don't have hbo as my tv provider call direct tv

the thing is the very next day on sept 5th I was also having trouble access starz app on my roku telling me
authorized error you are not authorized for starz service

and for some odd reason women resync direct tv log in and I went back get a code type back activate starz select direct tv as my provider when direct tv log in put same email and password at and t and viola magically I was able to log in activate starz app after software update

i'm still confused why I can only watch that app but other apps like usa network or hbo go still giving me issues

it been 3 weeks I have try to chat direct tv supposed to email me nothing I call direct tv they say its due roku system update they cannot authorized roku saying only direct tv can do it but again why for some strange reason I can watch starz app again back on sept 6th after software update day before but no other 3rd party apps while log into direct tv as my provider

i'm so frustrated with this situation and all I want authoziation direct tv so I can activate and watch apps again and they are not letting me

can somebody please help me on this situation

0 Kudos
16 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: roku 3rd part log out after system update now no authorization activate roku

Have you moved the physical location of your DirecTV app to a different state or country or have you added a VPN to your network?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

Re: roku 3rd part log out after system update now no authorization activate roku

that's the thing I don't used the direct tv app or what it is now at and t now app because you have to pay for that  I only log in though tv provider direct tv vpn not added and moved? nope I haven't moved the big genie box direct tv in den  if that's what you saying

now I have already done a soft reset remove apps and try to log back in error heck I even went a roku upstairs nobody uses did a factory reset try to access hbo go put code in select direct tv as my provider it opens up direct tv login id window I used same at and t password email already on it it should work but nope don't have hbo despite that I do

so again I don't know what happened to my roku after system update but it sure did something giving me errors not able to watch though tv provider direct tv anymore was a working sept 4th system update came out next morning log me out direct tv now I get errors tv provider no authority to access them again

so this is actually my 2nd software update that was done automatically 1st I did on my own when on july 6 when I hook streaming stick plus up no problems authorized and activate apps direct tv as my provider
0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

is nobody else going to help me on this situation any roku expects I cannot believe 1 person reply and nobody else
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Remove all the apps that are giving you trouble, reboot, then reinstall. Might be one is hanging onto bad login info and with single sign on feature, could be passing on that info. Factory reset would work, too.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

I have already said I remove apps and install back nothing and I did do a factory reset on a roku a few weeks ago upstairs that nobody hardly uses in install few apps nothing

so if  roku  upstairs I did factory reset doesn't work why should try to factory reset mine doesn't make any sense oh software update that I currently have on my roku is 9.10 build 4919 510

again here's issues i'm facing tbs I'm aready signed in I signed out go to tbs activate website  select direct tv as my tv provider I authorized it when I try to watch I get this program is not included tv subscription please contact tv provider more info

fx  now already signed to direct tv 0033 this customer not authorized for content requested error code d12 1206 403
nbc  e channel usa network all ready link direct tv if try to watch anything on those channels get error your tv subscription not included this channel please contact tv provider

error code noauthz

hbo go activate I put in code type in hbo go activate type in code select direct tv as my provider it opens up direct tv window login I used same at and t email password and email already on it I put in password it supposed to work but now it sayin error don't have hbo in package call direct tv which I do have hbo does same thing activate show anytime do have showtime

parmount network if I try to watch something locked it tells me after I select direct tv as provider put in code parmount network website website i'm log in direct tv
but on roku I get oh no this channel is not available in your subscription package I do have parmount network

espn app try to watch anything media not allowed customer not authorized for content requested

its so frustrating I don't understand why when I got roku july 5 set it up next day I could did software update 1st time added these channels activate though direct tv as my provider I had no issues all way up to mon 26tth of last month and weds 4th heck I was watching something on starz app that night and very next day after software update<my 2nd software update it did automatically  I was log out  starz parmount network app direct tv
again i called direct tv they saying they cannot authorized anything i talk to you guys saying same thing only direct tv can do it i'm so lost it been 3 weeks
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Factory reset both Rokus, I am thinking the SSO feature on Roku's platform might be malfunctioning for you. NOTE: the people that have replied are not official Roku support. We just reply to help out. 

Edit: you mentioned USA and NBC say you are already authorized. Try logging them out first. Any app that is auto logging in, log out.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

well you see nbc channel e and usa network are all connect they are already link to direct tv so if I unlink 1 put in code and go to website activate nbc on your device aka nbc universe family activate I just say direct tv its's done 1 time thing

so you saying I factory reset my roku then add these apps work everything will work again no errors 3rd party apps that deals with direct tv as my provider like those and hbo go?

I know and god I know chatting direct tv are idiots and try to talk to direct tv is even worst they say cannot authorized blame software update roku and you guys saying its direct tv tv provider issue its nuts 2 sides and just don't know what to do can't get direct tv to understand me

oh on a side note I don't subscribe to direct tv now app which is now at and t now app due to cost money I just choose log in my provider free aka direct tv
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"y2jman" wrote:
 well you see nbc channel e and usa network are all connect they are already link to direct tv so if I unlink 1 put in code and go to website activate nbc on your device aka nbc universe family activate I just say direct tv its's done 1 time thing

so you saying I factory reset my roku then add these apps work everything will work again no errors 3rd party apps that deals with direct tv as my provider like those and hbo go?

oh on a side note I don't subscribe to direct tv now app which is now at and t now app due to cost money I just choose log in my provider free aka direct tv

We are just helping you troubleshoot the problem. Reset both Rokus and see if that fixes it, hoping that clears the SSO piece that Roku has (which is what is auto signing you into your apps after you authorize one). Basically if both get reset and you still have the issue, that likely means there's an issue with your Direct TV account. They cannot authorize the channels for you, but they should help figure out why the authorization process is failing.

Note: I have a Direct TV account to authorize channel accounts with, and it's working fine. So, something is up with your account. I never had issues after Roku updates.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

when system update happened did your starz or parmount network app kindof log you out direct tv or not that what it did and apparently things  that I was signed into like parmount network or hbo go cannot signed back in giving me error
0 Kudos