Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: roku 3rd part log out after system update now no authorization activate roku

"y2jman" wrote:
when system update happened did your starz or parmount network app kindof log you out direct tv or not that what it did and apparently things  that I was signed into like parmount network or hbo go cannot signed back in giving me error

As I said, I did not experience your issues after updates. This issue is unique to you at this point.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: roku 3rd part log out after system update now no authorization activate roku

@y2jman 

Thanks for reaching out. 

This type of issue would likely be directly caused by your TV service provider account and the entitlements that your TV provider has granted your subscription/account on their end, or within the channel authentication systems used between your provider and each individual channel entity. If your TV provider subscription account is not showing the correct entitlements for the channels/services that are included in your service package, you may see errors such as you have described when trying to authenticate individual channels on their respective websites, using your TV provider account credentials. 

Resolution for your issue can only come from your TV provider. You will need to contact DirecTV (or whichever TV provider you are using to try and authenticate or activate individual channels) for more help. You'll want to explain the process you are taking when trying to authenticate a streaming channel, describe the option you choose on each channel's website, and then provide the exact error message you are seeing. They may need to advise you on the correct DirecTV account login/password to use, update your TV subscription package in your DirecTV account, refresh your DirecTV account status, etc. In the past, I have even heard of some folks who have had to have their TV service provider set up a new account entirely, with the correct subscription service attached, to restore the appropriate entitlements for their account, and restore their ability to authorize those channels on a streaming device once more. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to assist in this process. We do not control or have access to any of the authentication mechanisms or services used to authorize those channels on your device. Only channel providers and TV service providers have any ability to assist with this type of issue. You'll want to start by contacting your TV service provider's support team, and explaining the scenario you are seeing step by step. 

Let us know how it goes from there.

Cheers,
Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 8

you can factory reset all to make sure but directv has been really screwing up lately with a lot of log in. good luck.

0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

if this doesn't work the thing is don't really know who to talk to because everytime I try to explain to them on phone they just don't seem to understand the point i'm trying to make out

what other options I got make a 2nd account using Hotmail instead what its on now yahoo I don't understand talking about doing another service

0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

well I did factory reset both roku's weds did same thing I finally found out that my direct tv account apparently stop streaming like so now i'm trying to get ahold direct tv to figure out what's the matter

lord knows this is never going to get resolved I guess this is reason why I had log in issues direct tv account all alone on roku

what my issue  if I sign into at and t account and click on watch  stream tv on direct tv account using same at and t email password type in show suits esp 10 I click on more info it saids

not avaiable with your current tv package update tv package

heck if I click on guide watch online I see the times but no movies or title of show

also say I type in usa network website on computer and I try to watched something it asked select your tv provider direct tv provider it will say your tv subscription does not include this channel please contact your service provider about upgrade your service to get access

abc.com website after select direct tv as provider saying error 400 2 this customer is not authorized for contect request

this are just 2 examples not posting more websites  so in the end was it stupid on my part to factory reset both roku's yes did it help anything no why it took me a long time to figure out streaming on direct tv stop working on movies and tv shows on sept 5th I don't know

I just hope by end of the year i'll be able to stream again on my direct tv account somehow once I can do it on there then I assumed I can stream watch tv shows on website like usa network after I choose direct tv as provider then finally watch on roku meh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
leehrat
Level 8

That is why I left directv was over the no espn3 problem. i now have playstation vue and have not problems with the tv now apps on any of my roku's

0 Kudos
y2jman
Level 7

oh direct tv since june 5th block out cw channel 58  Nashville and I thought maybe they will get resolved tonight since its new shows premire and returning and it still not back

apparently still in hands fcc government maybe they get that fixed next week doubt it at least I don't have log into direct tv if I go to cw website to watch stream online as my tv provider or watch it cw app on roku since doesn't asked for it but still crap I have to wait until tomorrow to watch premire batwoman and return supergirl because I cannot watch them tonight on direct tv because channel still not there have to watch online meh

0 Kudos