Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"philsoft" wrote:
"djwurm" wrote:
Everything is under the www folder, videos and xml file


Then your Media folder settings in Roksbox and your Video folder settings in Roksbox should both be blank.


I just put the media server location to 192.168.0.103 and left everything blank.. It started to look for xml file and then screen went blank and box reset itself..!!

arghh tried it again with how you suggest and it still wont find the xml file...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"djwurm" wrote:
I just put the media server location to 192.168.0.103 and left everything blank.. It started to look for xml file and then screen went blank and box reset itself..!!

arghh tried it again with how you suggest and it still wont find the xml file...


You might need to post your xml code and maybe your server log here for WilDD to look at.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"philsoft" wrote:
"djwurm" wrote:
I just put the media server location to 192.168.0.103 and left everything blank.. It started to look for xml file and then screen went blank and box reset itself..!!

arghh tried it again with how you suggest and it still wont find the xml file...


You might need to post your xml code and maybe your server log here for WilDD to look at.


your talking way over my head.. I feel completely stupid.. I used to do simple networking in the early 90's but havent really touched it since then except for the home basic networking...

I give up.. anyone want to buy a XR box??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"djwurm" wrote:
Everything is under the www folder, videos and xml file

what i am asking is what do I put in the following?

Media Location: ?? 192.168.0.103 or 192.168.0.103:80:80??
Media Root folder: ?? leave blank or do I put C:\ ??
Video Folder Path: ?? www or c:\www ??

Start with a simple test... From another machine in the house, or it should work from the laptop as well, open a browser and enter this as a URL:
http://192.168.0.103

What do you see? You should see Apache's default "welcome" screen. If you don't, then Apache is not configured correctly.

Now, try this:
http://192.168.0.103/videos.xml

Do you see your XML file? (it'll look like just a bunch of text) If you _do_, then this is part of the problem. Roksbox wants a directory called "Videos" _under_ the root directory of the server (and likewise, a a directory called "Music" under the root), like this:
Server Root
|
+--- Videos
| |
| + Videos.xml
|
+--- Music
|
+ Music.xml


If you did NOT see the XML file at the above URL, then try this:
http://192.168.1.139:81/Videos/Videos.xml

Is it there? If so, then your server _is_ configured correctly.

Once you get that straightened out, then set the Roksbox configuration like this:
Media Location: http://192.168.0.103
Media Root folder: {leave blank}
Video Folder Path: {leave blank}
Video XML Name: Videos.xml


Lemme know how that goes...
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Any plans to add automatic metadata retrieval?

Maybe something akin to (the very excellent) Media Browser (http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/)?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Has anyone tried using this with a Windows Home Server in place of a traditional NAS? Also, how about Twonky or Uversity as the media server?

Thx!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"Leeladisky" wrote:
Has anyone tried using this with a Windows Home Server in place of a traditional NAS? Also, how about Twonky or Uversity as the media server?

Yeup... I'm running from WHS using Mongoose. Works super. Smiley Happy
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"midiwall" wrote:
"Leeladisky" wrote:
Has anyone tried using this with a Windows Home Server in place of a traditional NAS? Also, how about Twonky or Uversity as the media server?

Yeup... I'm running from WHS using Mongoose. Works super. Smiley Happy


WHS has IIS. Probably a better option.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"rilex" wrote:
"midiwall" wrote:
"Leeladisky" wrote:
Has anyone tried using this with a Windows Home Server in place of a traditional NAS? Also, how about Twonky or Uversity as the media server?

Yeup... I'm running from WHS using Mongoose. Works super. Smiley Happy

WHS has IIS. Probably a better option.

Ummm... considering the stoopid carp that surrounds IIS in all it's stoopid carp Microsoft Glory, no. I got rid of it a long time ago from my box.

A quick look at Mongoose running right now shows it's using 1.1MB private and 14MB virtual on 2 threads.
:: Mark
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I don't know if this has been posted before but tonight, I started building xml files for each video, to use with the Directory Structure approach. I found that if you include an & (and sign) in the Genre category, Roksbox will not read the xml.

Just an FYI.

As a regular, registered Rokxbox user, I have to say I'm loving Roksbox.
0 Kudos