Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparkspnt
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

So I just downloaded roksbox plug n play (Plug n play...lol). Having no luck to finding my videos or music. It does find my Lenovo Nas server running twonkey and it does see all my directories but when I go to them it states it's empty. They are MP4 movies files and standard MP3 music files that play just fine in Roku Media Player. So after looking around here a bit it looks like I might need to restructure my directories but the links to the documentation goes to a site that does not work. In fact the whole Roksbox website is down! So for paying for a product that does not work and looks like from this forum I need to be a expert guru with this stuff, I am little disappointed. I would appreciate any info on how I can get this working. I love the gui and how it looks!

Thank Sparkspnt

Using Roku 3 and the newest Roku stick
0 Kudos
Scottutah
Level 7

Roksbox website is currently offline (I tried to set my friend up to buy roksbox, but we get this error, "The file /home/wilddtec/public_html/roksbox/home/plugins/system/SUGA/SUGA.php is corrupted."

Is there someone I can tell? I would love to get him going with roksbox (I LOVE that app!!!)
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"Mastersonics" wrote:
Hello everyone
I just got Easy Show from the Roku app store but can't seem to make it work AT ALL...!
I can see the root file and followed all instructions and triple check all files were supported and NOTHING
It won't playback ANYTHING

I need a Roku app that can loop playback any videos from an USB drive
The only thing Is that my USB is 2.0 and not 3.0 but I doubt that's the reason for not working.
I will be receiving SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB sticks this week.
My Roku 3 is with the latest update

Please HELP
regards,
CJ

When you see your files on the screen, press the Play button on the remote, not the OK button.
0 Kudos
webdog2010
Level 7

It's been over two months since I first reported this issue. I see that WilDD responded to another issue on 6/23 but no mention was made of this issue. I'm still experienceing this on both of my Rokus. Wondering if it is only older models or if any current models are affected.

"webdog2010" wrote:
OK, now my Roku 3100x 2XS has updated to 7.1.0 build 4067-02 and now it is also displaying the "Format Detected" message on every video, just like my LT. It would seem that something in the system updates is triggering this. Anyone looking into this? Please?

"webdog2010" wrote:
I have a Roku LT 2450x on which I have used Roksbox for years with zero issues. On April 15 the box received the update to system 7.1.0 build 4062. Since then when watching a video in Roksbox, the following message is displayed on the screen as the video begins to play: Format Detected. There is also an "OK" button displayed with the message. The video starts and plays behind the message as though all is normal. I have to click "OK" to clear the message and then everything is fine. If I fast forward or rewind a video, the message is displayed again as the video starts playing from the new position. Pausing and resuming works normally, no message. If I select "Play All" for a directory of videos then the message appears as each progressive video starts to play, requiring a click on "OK" each time to clear the message.
0 Kudos
Sparkspnt
Level 7

I am trying again

I posted a bit ago and never got a response. So I went out and purchased another NAS drive (seagate) and moved some movies over to that device and what do you know, it still does not work... Seagate states it will work with Roku and it does with all of the other apps except this one. I am having a hard time understanding why this app which claims to be a plug-n-play or web server media player, will not play media on two up to date NAS servers. It's a rip off. I really did like the gui... So if you are reading this beware of this scam and failed product!!!

sparkspnt
0 Kudos
jdesign214
Level 7

Using Roksbox for quite sometime and for the last month, on all 5 boxes, I'm getting "format detected" when I start a video in roksbox. You have to click the ok box to see the video. I think this is from the last update. I have notified Roku. Still waiting for a fix. Anyone?
0 Kudos
avalpert
Level 7

Hi, I'm trying to register my roksbox after my trial expired - but it seems like your code for sending registration emails isn't working so my account hasn't been activated and I can't login to register and purchase it.

Is this going to be fixed?
0 Kudos
stan7826
Level 7

I've been using roksbox for several years now, and it's been great. But just in the last few days, I've started having some *very* weird problems. So far the problems have only occurred for high-resolution videos. Standard (think DVD or standard camcorder resolution) videos play fine. But anything that's HD plays for a while and then stops. A box shows up saying something like "An unknown error has occurred". It will happen at exactly the same spot for each video that fails. And the time and place of failure is different for each one that fails. Also, if I start the video from the beginning and immediately fast-forward to a minute or so after the failure point, then it plays just fine, although some have hit a second failure point later on. I verified that the video files are not corrupted. I can type the GET request to the web server into my macbook and it will get the video file and play it just fine. It also plays fine if I use mplayer on the linux machine that hosts my web server. I thought it might be an issue with my web server, but I've tested it with two different computers acting as the web server, and also with the file served off my NAS box or directly from the computer. At this point, the only common thing in all the failures is that it's playing through roksbox on the roku.

Has anyone else seen this?
0 Kudos
navilor
Level 7

"stan7826" wrote:
A box shows up saying something like "An unknown error has occurred". It will happen at exactly the same spot for each video that fails.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes. This happened after one of the recent updates to Roku. I have the same issue and there are multiple people up thread that are also affected by this issue.

1) I am in the streaming media business and know how to create H.264 video with stereo AAC audio in an MP4 container that is 100 percent compatible for repacketizing for delivery via RTMP, RTSP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, Adobe HDS, and Microsoft Silverlight. This is not a media problem.

2) I run nginx in a BSD jail with FastCGI PHP enables with pseudo-streaming enabled. This is not a problem with your web server.

Resolution for this issue will only happen if Wilddtech fixes the code in Roksbox. This concerns me as most companies that create a software product or operating system typically announce in advance what changes developers should expect to see and that they should modify their code accordingly lest it break in the upcoming release. Changing an API call or depreciating an old method are the most common things that I see developers being faced with. If worse comes to worst there are always the release notes to refer to.

Due to this issue I have sadly moved to Plex, at least until this is resolved.
0 Kudos
Debstoy54
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

I'm trying to register my new Streaming stick with Roksbox.  Unfortunately I don't remember my Roksbox password and the email address I used when I registered is no longer valid.  I have tried to re-register with a new login name and my current email address and it won't let me do that either.  Is there something wrong with your login/registration at Roksbox.com?
0 Kudos