Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webdog2010
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I have a Roku LT 2450x on which I have used Roksbox for years with zero issues. On April 15 the box received the update to system 7.1.0 build 4062. Since then when watching a video in Roksbox, the following message is displayed on the screen as the video begins to play: Format Detected. There is also an "OK" button displayed with the message. The video starts and plays behind the message as though all is normal. I have to click "OK" to clear the message and then everything is fine. If I fast forward or rewind a video, the message is displayed again as the video starts playing from the new position. Pausing and resuming works normally, no message. If I select "Play All" for a directory of videos then the message appears as each progressive video starts to play, requiring a click on "OK" each time to clear the message.

I've searched the forums but haven't found any mention of this behavior. I could live with it for watching longer videos but we often use "Play All" to view snippets of our own home videos. It gets a bit aggravating having to deal with it every few minutes, especially after years of trouble-free service.
0 Kudos
fxv300
Level 7

Can this access the Windows Media server which uses DLNA ?
https://youtu.be/_bO7V-JpK5E
OS W10_64_16G Ram CPU AMD PhenomII 6core T1100 3.3Ghz GPU Radeon RX480 8G
Tuners AzureWave AD-SP400 DVB-S2 BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2 Monitor LG 27MU67
Amp SONY STR-DN860 Speakers QAcoustic 2020i and 2000Ci centre Streamer ROKU4 Website SoundsOKOK
0 Kudos
pestalent1
Level 7

I am experiencing the same issue as "Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes Post by webdog2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:25 am". A white box that say's "format detected" pops up on the screen with a ok button when ever I start a video. The video plays fine, it is just annoying to have to press "ok" wenever I play (start,stop, rewind, fast forward). It use to work without this pop-up for years, nothing has changed on my media server or network. I use Handbrake to encode the videos and again it has worked for years. Are we the only ones?
0 Kudos
jdesign214
Level 7

I'm having the same issue on 1 of 5 tv's in the house. Format detected box with an ok button. I've not changed any of the settings so I'm not sure how this happened.
  • Any suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • 0 Kudos
    Andy114
    Level 7

UM - me too - "format detected" is a new unwanted feature. help?
    0 Kudos
    webdog2010
    Level 7

OK, now my Roku 3100x 2XS has updated to 7.1.0 build 4067-02 and now it is also displaying the "Format Detected" message on every video, just like my LT. It would seem that something in the system updates is triggering this. Anyone looking into this? Please?

"webdog2010" wrote:
    I have a Roku LT 2450x on which I have used Roksbox for years with zero issues. On April 15 the box received the update to system 7.1.0 build 4062. Since then when watching a video in Roksbox, the following message is displayed on the screen as the video begins to play: Format Detected. There is also an "OK" button displayed with the message. The video starts and plays behind the message as though all is normal. I have to click "OK" to clear the message and then everything is fine. If I fast forward or rewind a video, the message is displayed again as the video starts playing from the new position. Pausing and resuming works normally, no message. If I select "Play All" for a directory of videos then the message appears as each progressive video starts to play, requiring a click on "OK" each time to clear the message.

I've searched the forums but haven't found any mention of this behavior. I could live with it for watching longer videos but we often use "Play All" to view snippets of our own home videos. It gets a bit aggravating having to deal with it every few minutes, especially after years of trouble-free service.
    0 Kudos
    MarkusMan
    Level 7

I have a Roku 3000X - Roku 2 HD and I am having the exact same issue: every time a video starts to play, I get the message "Formate Detected" and I have to hit the OK button to clear the message and watch the video. I believe it began on the last update to Roku dated "April 28 at 10:45 am." My server is running Apache for Windows ver. 2.4. I also use individual PXML files to describe my mp4 files, but I tried playing an mp4 without any descriptor file (i.e. XML or PXML) and it still gave me the message. Really getting on my nerves. Mark
    0 Kudos
    Elijah_Baley
    Level 9

I am just guessing but I think the latest Roku update has screwed with the way the player starts a video or with info returned right after a start and WilDD is not yet aware of the change and/or he has not completed the update to the channel to fix whatever Roku screwed up.

WilDD, according to his profile, last visited the forums on April 15 and in looks like the problems began about then.

I no longer use Roksbox as my library outgrew it and I switched to Plex. However I did notice during the years I used it that WilDD is one of the most responsive of the developers and I am quite sure he will get a fix out as soon as he can.

BTW: When I say that my library outgrew it I do not mean that Roksbox cannot handle large libraries I meant that I am not able to do the background stuff like getting metadata and creating index (bif) files for my library as well as I could before and I needed a solution that does a lot of the background stuff for me and Plex does that better than anything else I have found.
    Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
    "Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
    Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
    0 Kudos
    Mastersonics
    Level 7

Hello everyone
    I just got Easy Show from the Roku app store but can't seem to make it work AT ALL...!
    I can see the root file and followed all instructions and triple check all files were supported and NOTHING
    It won't playback ANYTHING

I need a Roku app that can loop playback any videos from an USB drive
    The only thing Is that my USB is 2.0 and not 3.0 but I doubt that's the reason for not working.
    I will be receiving SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 64GB sticks this week.
    My Roku 3 is with the latest update

Please HELP
    regards,
    CJ
    0 Kudos
    Mastersonics
    Level 7

Could anyone please let me know what file formats works on "Easy Show" app?

I can't find any technical information anywhere.

thanks,
    CJ
    0 Kudos