Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kddubb
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I think there may be a bug in the latest version (sorry if this is already being worked; didn't look too much to see if it had already been reported). Basically, if content is playing and you hit back or home (or possibly another navigation button?) without pausing or stopping first, it makes roksbox behave badly. For one, on the content that was playing, when tried to play again it locks up Roksbox completely where I have to reboot the Roku to get any response. I think it might also lock up other content, but I haven't reproduced the problem enough to be sure (I'm trying to avoid the problem so I don't have to keep rebooting my Roku). I was able to get around the lockup by touching the file on the webserver (so I'm assuming that it clears out the old version out of the cache and uses the new version).

Anyway, just figured I'd report it and see if others had hit it.

kddubb
0 Kudos
em_lazardo
Level 7

possible to link photos (directory) to music (directory or mp3's)?

Right now I create a music + image slideshow by linking to JPEG images inside a Music directory, then play all titles in the Music directory, with the slideshow option and 'Album art' config setting. This lets me run an endless electronic canvas of photographs with hand-picked music. Traditional 'album art' is not used.

a) Is there a way to turn off the directory/song title overlay centered at the bottom?
or
b) Is it possible invert to an image slideshow + music (ie- go to a Photo directory that has links to mp3s)?

Either one achieves the same thing: clean artwork with specific music.

Notes: apache under linux; soft links rather than file copies (music and images); easier than generating mp4 videos from stills + audio soundtrack, and the shuffle play gives it an Eno-esq feel ala 77 Million Paintings.

Cheers,
0 Kudos
dmacleo
Level 7

"kddubb" wrote:
I think there may be a bug in the latest version (sorry if this is already being worked; didn't look too much to see if it had already been reported). Basically, if content is playing and you hit back or home (or possibly another navigation button?) without pausing or stopping first, it makes roksbox behave badly. For one, on the content that was playing, when tried to play again it locks up Roksbox completely where I have to reboot the Roku to get any response. I think it might also lock up other content, but I haven't reproduced the problem enough to be sure (I'm trying to avoid the problem so I don't have to keep rebooting my Roku). I was able to get around the lockup by touching the file on the webserver (so I'm assuming that it clears out the old version out of the cache and uses the new version).

kddubb

was just going to report this too, did not look through pages to see if reported yet.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"em.lazardo" wrote:
possible to link photos (directory) to music (directory or mp3's)?

Right now I create a music + image slideshow by linking to JPEG images inside a Music directory, then play all titles in the Music directory, with the slideshow option and 'Album art' config setting. This lets me run an endless electronic canvas of photographs with hand-picked music. Traditional 'album art' is not used.

a) Is there a way to turn off the directory/song title overlay centered at the bottom?

Press the down arrow on the remote to get rid of the title overlay (it might not go away until the next slide appears). You can press the down arrow again to bring it back.

or
b) Is it possible invert to an image slideshow + music (ie- go to a Photo directory that has links to mp3s)?

This will be in a future release. Hopefully sometime soon.

Either one achieves the same thing: clean artwork with specific music.

Notes: apache under linux; soft links rather than file copies (music and images); easier than generating mp4 videos from stills + audio soundtrack, and the shuffle play gives it an Eno-esq feel ala 77 Million Paintings.

Cheers,
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"dmacleo" wrote:
"kddubb" wrote:

kddubb

was just going to report this too, did not look through pages to see if reported yet.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
0 Kudos
em_lazardo
Level 7

Press the down arrow on the remote to get rid of the title overlay (it might not go away until the next slide appears). You can press the down arrow again to bring it back.

This will be in a future release. Hopefully sometime soon.

Thanks, the down arrow will work for now.

Cheers,
0 Kudos
grifter102
Level 7

I set up my web server and the various directories and roksbox was able to find all the videos, etc. When I go to the roksbox Videos menu and browse the various folders, everything works fine until I go into a directory that contains videos (dir tree is Show/Season/Episodes.avi), then roksbox seems to crash back to the Roku home screen. I'll see the folder's items for a split-second, then it crashes.

The only log file I could think to check was apache's, but it is only showing items like:

[Thu Nov 03 22:39:36 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.110] File does not exist: /var/www/roksboxmedia/Videos/TV/Episode.xml
[Thu Nov 03 22:54:08 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.110] File does not exist: /var/www/roksboxmedia/Theme.xml

Every time I open an episode directory, crash to home.

Any ideas about this? Or other error logs, etc that I could check to see what is happening?
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Why is the folder called .avi? If it is the file called .avi, that wouldn't work either because it needs to be a .mp4
0 Kudos
grifter102
Level 7

That's the filename, and it was just an example. Most all the files are .mp4, there may be a few .avi or .mkv, but I would expect roksbox to not be able to play them... not crash to home whenever the folder is opened.

Is the fact that some files are .avi or .mkv causing the crash to home?
0 Kudos
sharpedge
Level 7

"grifter102" wrote:
That's the filename, and it was just an example. Most all the files are .mp4, there may be a few .avi or .mkv, but I would expect roksbox to not be able to play them... not crash to home whenever the folder is opened.

Is the fact that some files are .avi or .mkv causing the crash to home?

Do all your folder names have periods in them? If not, does it crash when going into a folder that has no period in the folder name?

Are you using the directory structure option or a video xml file?
0 Kudos