Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pacoruizl
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

I have a mp4 video in my Dropbox and even I push the play button it doesn't loops continuosly.
I have only one video and after pushing the play button it asks again to play it and I am obligated to push Ok option
0 Kudos
Highlighted
carllr
Level 7

any hope of fixing Roksbox Cloud? I have 3 Roku tv's. 
#1 i can get everything entered and it works
#2 i can get the server addr loaded and the directory but the tv will freeze when i try and put in the .xml file
#3 can only load the server addr. The app quits when i try to enter anything else.

I would really like to hear from the developer what the intentions are for this app. Do I continue waiting or what?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
carllr
Level 7

Roksbox died back in November and there has been NOTHING said about a fix! Is this channel dead? How can it still be sold in the app store when it doesnt work??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dbrake
Level 7

I have been having problems using a Roku streaming stick+ The Roku changes in Dec broke Roksbox.

When I enter the IP address in Roksbox it either hangs or reboots. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works except Roku charges me $4.99 each time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
fluke
Level 10

I don't think roksbox is being maintained anymore.

I haven't been able to login to the Roksbox/Wilddtech website for several months and attempting to use the "Forgot your password?" option just returns a SMTP connect() failed error.

The author of Roksbox, WilDD, has not been active in the Roku forums at all in 2019 despite the Roksbox website indicating the Roku forums is the only method of getting "personalized help."

I would recommend either attempting to use the official Roku Media Player if possible or look for some other alternative on the Roku channel store.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ricbeeler
Level 7

"fluke" wrote:
I don't think roksbox is being maintained anymore.

I haven't been able to login to the Roksbox/Wilddtech website for several months and attempting to use the "Forgot your password?" option just returns a SMTP connect() failed error.

The author of Roksbox, WilDD, has not been active in the Roku forums at all in 2019 despite the Roksbox website indicating the Roku forums is the only method of getting "personalized help."

I would recommend either attempting to use the official Roku Media Player if possible or look for some other alternative on the Roku channel store.

I have been using Roksbox for a long time also.  I noticed about a year ago that the program was buggy and tried to find out if anyone was fixing it. At that time, their website had gone dormant presumably they hadn't been paying their landlord.  A while later, last year a bunch of problems were fixed and it was working well.  I have recently purchased an ultra and am trying to set it up.  I can't seem to get it to take the web address for my local server.  Has anyone figured out how to do this???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ricbeeler
Level 7

I uninstalled Roksbox from my new Ultra and it also removed it from my Roku3.  I was able to reload the web server information onto the Roku3, but not the Ultra.  Apparently, there is a difference that the Roksbox code doesn't take into account.  Waiting for a fix???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
carllr
Level 7

I have 3 different Roku tvs all made by TCL. One loads up fine. One will only take the IP server addr but no the folder. The last one wont load anything.

Would really love to hear from the designer since its still being sold as a working App.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
hhdbennett
Level 7

xstream updated!

version 4.4 just released.

to everyone frustrated by the program, i’ve had a quick email conversation with the developer. he/she’s a real person, definitely not a team of programmers.

hope the update works well!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Debstoy54
Level 7

Mine still takes forever when I start up.  We have maybe 700-800 movies on our hard drive.  Until about 6 months ago it didn’t take nearly this long but now I almost don’t want to use it.  
0 Kudos