Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Installed Roksbox channel on my Roku and able to view my movies on my NAS (webshare). However, I can only get video but not audio. Am I missing something? I can listen to mp3 music and I can watch the same video using DS video. Please help.

Tri
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm struggling to get this to work. I have a Linux Mint computer running Plex. But have never been able to get it to see my external drive with my videos. So I thought I would try Roksbox to see if it would pick up the videos on that server from the external drive. Roksbox won't automatically pick up the server, so I installed nmap hoping I could use it to help me figure out how to manually put in the server address, but I'm getting nowhere. Maybe someone familiar with Linux could give me some help getting my correct server ip address and finding the port where my external drive is located?
Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It sounds like a permissions issue.Set a new group and make sure that plex has permission to use the drive.
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roksbox Cloud version V2.3.0C now supports Plug and Play devices (UPnP/DLNA).

From the Main Menu, go to Options -> My Options -> Setup Wizard, and select Plug and Play.

If you don't want to change your current settings, first create a new user profile from Options -> Manage Users -> Add User, then switch to that user from the Main Menu and run the Setup Wizard from the new user.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Will Roksbox link to Dropbox and LOOP my media?

I have one MP4 video in there and about 10 JPG images.
I want it to LOOP continuously.
Will Roksbox do this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Bansaw" wrote:
Will Roksbox link to Dropbox and LOOP my media?

I have one MP4 video in there and about 10 JPG images.
I want it to LOOP continuously.
Will Roksbox do this?

Yes.

To loop the MP4 video, put it in a folder by itself, or in a folder where you want other videos to play consecutively and continuously, then from the Roksbox Main Menu Videos option, navigate to that folder, and press "Play" (not "select" or "OK") on the remote. Then change "continuous play" to yes, and select "play". Each video in that folder will play consecutively, and will then repeat until you stop them with the remote. If you only have one video in the folder, that video will play continuously.

To play the JPG images, go to "Photos" from the main Roksbox menu, then select the folder that contains the images, and select "play". The images in that folder will play continuously.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:

Yes.

To loop the MP4 video, put it in a folder by itself, or in a folder where you want other videos to play consecutively and continuously, then from the Roksbox Main Menu Videos option, navigate to that folder, and press "Play" (not "select" or "OK") on the remote. Then change "continuous play" to yes, and select "play". Each video in that folder will play consecutively, and will then repeat until you stop them with the remote. If you only have one video in the folder, that video will play continuously.

To play the JPG images, go to "Photos" from the main Roksbox menu, then select the folder that contains the images, and select "play". The images in that folder will play continuously.

OK, so you can play video and do an image slideshow mixed, AND looping too.
Thats good to know.
The price for this channel is $8 or so. Is this a one-time deal or annual/monthly payment?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Bansaw" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:

Yes.

OK, so you can play video and do an image slideshow mixed, AND looping too.
Thats good to know.
The price for this channel is $8 or so. Is this a one-time deal or annual/monthly payment?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood part of your original question. You can show a continuous video or videos, or a continuous image slideshow, but not the video and image slideshow together.

However, you could use something like ProShow to create a video which includes both video and an image slideshow, then show it as a continuous video in Roksbox.

The $7.99 price is a one-time lifetime price.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

OK, I think I might spend the $8 and just do a looping slideshow of still images which I have stored in a Dropbox folder.

Maybe you want to consider adding the mixed video/still looping as a feature in the future.
Couchy TV actually can do this. It did the still image slideshow and then played the video. Very nice. But, it lacked one thing: it didn't loop continuously. It just stopped. And they don't have a Pro version that does that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Bansaw" wrote:
OK, I think I might spend the $8 and just do a looping slideshow of still images which I have stored in a Dropbox folder.

Maybe you want to consider adding the mixed video/still looping as a feature in the future.
Couchy TV actually can do this. It did the still image slideshow and then played the video. Very nice. But, it lacked one thing: it didn't loop continuously. It just stopped. And they don't have a Pro version that does that.

The Cloud version (https://owner.roku.com/add/CU2SC) gives you a 30 day free trial.
0 Kudos