Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I put those changes in and it did not resolve the problem. This has been working fine since I began using Roksbox in December\January, and I have not changed anything.

There are 2 sets of videos not working. The first are all 6 of the Star Wars movies. The second are a set of exercise videos.

Example of Path in xml file for each as it stands now (made no difference adding the leading \):

<path>\Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace.m4v </path>
<path>\Power 90\Power90 L 1-2 Cardio.m4v</path>

I can navigate to these through a web browser fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"cjsag94" wrote:
I put those changes in and it did not resolve the problem. This has been working fine since I began using Roksbox in December\January, and I have not changed anything.

There are 2 sets of videos not working. The first are all 6 of the Star Wars movies. The second are a set of exercise videos.

Example of Path in xml file for each as it stands now (made no difference adding the leading \):

<path>\Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace.m4v </path>
<path>\Power 90\Power90 L 1-2 Cardio.m4v</path>

I can navigate to these through a web browser fine.

Can you pm your whole xml file to me and let me know which ones aren't working?

Edit: Never mind - I made a change, and it should work the way it used to now. Make sure you have V2.2.1 (Main Menu -> Help).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have version 2.2.0

Can I force an update?

Edit: Figured that part out..got it updated to 2.2.1

As far as I can tell, everything works except for the 6 Star Wars episodes. I will PM that portion of the XML file for you.

Thanks for your help...this seems strange to me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"cjsag94" wrote:
I have version 2.2.0

Can I force an update?

As far as I can tell, everything works except for the 6 Star Wars episodes. I will PM that portion of the XML file for you.

I think the problem is that the <path> elements for those files all show trailing spaces in the filename (<path>Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace.m4v </path>). I was going to change Roksbox to trim leading and trailing spaces, but it could be possible to actually have files with leading or trailing spaces in their names. Both Windows and Linux will allow leading and trailing spaces in filenames, so I don't want Roksbox to remove the spaces if they are supposed to be there. So to fix the problem, you should remove the trailing spaces in the <path> elements in your xml file.

Let me know if this works.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:
"cjsag94" wrote:
I have version 2.2.0

Can I force an update?

I think the problem is that the <path> elements for those files all show trailing spaces in the filename (<path>Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace.m4v </path>). I was going to change Roksbox to trim leading and trailing spaces, but it could be possible to actually have files with leading or trailing spaces in their names. Both Windows and Linux will allow leading and trailing spaces in filenames, so I don't want Roksbox to remove the spaces if they are supposed to be there. So to fix the problem, you should remove the trailing spaces in the <path> elements in your xml file.

Wildd, could the user add quotations in the path to remedy the situation? I know that works in both Linux and Windows when there is a space... Then all he has to do is a Find/Replace with <path> with <path>" and </path> with "</path> and that might fix it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
"WilDD" wrote:
"cjsag94" wrote:
I have version 2.2.0

Can I force an update?

Wildd, could the user add quotations in the path to remedy the situation? I know that works in both Linux and Windows when there is a space... Then all he has to do is a Find/Replace with <path> with <path>" and </path> with "</path> and that might fix it?

I believe the trailing space is not supposed to be there, so he should replace all _</path> with </path>. Where _ is a space. Although in this case, there are only six of them so it would be easy to change manually.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Removing the trailing space fixed the problem. That's why after the change you made to the Roksbox program in v 2.2.1, the Star Wars movies were the only remaining problem (before that, it was anything in a sub-directory was problematic).

I had copied the Star Wars movies from a sub-directory into the root folder, but when I made the changes in Personal Video Database and renamed the file path, I had used copy and paste and it added the space at the end of each file name.

Thanks so much for your help!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does anyone know the best settings for Handbrake on Ubuntu for converting to Roksbox?

Running Roksbox and Handbrake on Ubuntu 14.04 running apache. Roksbox is working fine. Trying to convert media using Handbrake.

When I convert a .avi file to m4v using the default settings (except for deselecting "Use iPod/iTunes friendly..." in preferences) the output has no audio and the window when viewed on the TV is not full screen (this may be the AVI file).

Video settings are:
Video Encoder: h.264 (x264)
Framerate: Same as Source

The audio tab is using the following:
Codec: AC3 (ffmpeg)
Bitrate: 160
Sample Rate: Same as Source
Mix: Stereo
Gain: 0dB
DRC: Off

Does anyone know the best settings for Handbrake on Ubuntu?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"asellars" wrote:
Does anyone know the best settings for Handbrake on Ubuntu for converting to Roksbox?

Running Roksbox and Handbrake on Ubuntu 14.04 running apache. Roksbox is working fine. Trying to convert media using Handbrake.

I do it via CLI using the "universal" setting... if your computer is very slow, or you are only wanting SD quality, the "iphone and ipod touch" is another good setting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"asellars" wrote:

When I convert a .avi file to m4v using the default settings (except for deselecting "Use iPod/iTunes friendly..." in preferences) the output has no audio and the window when viewed on the TV is not full screen (this may be the AVI file).

Video settings are:
Video Encoder: h.264 (x264)
Framerate: Same as Source

The audio tab is using the following:
Codec: AC3 (ffmpeg)
Bitrate: 160
Sample Rate: Same as Source
Mix: Stereo
Gain: 0dB
DRC: Off

http://www.rokoding.com
0 Kudos