Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castalla
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

Glad to hear you've solved the problem!
0 Kudos
navilor
Level 7

"maw4156" wrote:
castalla and navilor - Thanks sooooooo much for all of the help. We are fully operational again!!!
I love it when problems are resolved. Make sure to document the procedure so that it doesn't happen again, or if it does you know what to do.
0 Kudos
maw4156
Level 8

"navilor" wrote:
"maw4156" wrote:
castalla and navilor - Thanks sooooooo much for all of the help. We are fully operational again!!!
I love it when problems are resolved. Make sure to document the procedure so that it doesn't happen again, or if it does you know what to do.

I hope to all that is holy that I never need to move again but this is an excellent suggestion. I'll do it now while it's all fresh in my head. Thanks again!!
0 Kudos
Thangar
Level 7

I have been using Roksbox for about a year now. I love it and I've never had any serious problems with it....till now. I hadn't used Roksbox in about a month and when I went to access my media this past week I discovered the problem.

First, Roksbox is running really slow. It takes 3-5 mins to accomplish any request. Then, after staring at the Roksbox logo for 30 mins. I found that I could not access any of my media.

I did some simple troubleshooting. I ran IP config on the box that houses my web server and compared the IP address to my Roksbox setup. It took some time with the slow response but they match. I tried to access my files via local host and IP address from multiple computers - success all around. I checked the web server error log - no recent entries. I checked the access log and the only recent entries were my troubleshooting efforts.

I am running Mongoose as my web server. My Roku connects to the internet wirelessly. I have a linksys WRT54G router. I have rebooted the router, the web server, and the box it sits on.....nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

I would suggest changing your DNS server in your router to the Google DNS or Open DNS... on startup Roksbox talks to "home" and perhaps is having an issue - the timeout is about 3 minutes on the non-beta version.

Also, you might have too many channels installed on your Roku - if it is an older Roku, that tops out at around 25 or so before you start having memory issues... if it is the Roku2, that number is much, much larger.
0 Kudos
Thangar
Level 7

I would suggest changing your DNS server in your router to the Google DNS or Open DNS... on startup Roksbox talks to "home" and perhaps is having an issue - the timeout is about 3 minutes on the non-beta version.

Also, you might have too many channels installed on your Roku - if it is an older Roku, that tops out at around 25 or so before you start having memory issues... if it is the Roku2, that number is much, much larger.

It is a Roku 2 and I have eleven channels so I don't think that's it and as to the 1st suggestion I was afraid that someone would suggest something that I have no idea how to acconplish :?

Pardon the n00bness but how does one ... change your DNS server in your router to the Google DNS or Open DNS

Thanks for your patience and your help
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"Thangar" wrote:

Pardon the n00bness but how does one ... change your DNS server in your router to the Google DNS or Open DNS

Thanks for your patience and your help

What make/model router is it?
0 Kudos
Thangar
Level 7

What make/model router is it?

I have a Linksys WRT54G. I logged into the router and saw that the DDNS was disabled. The only two choices I am given appear to be to use DynDNS.org or TZO.com
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

0 Kudos
Thangar
Level 7

The Cisco link was much easier to follow thank you for that; but its mission accomplished to no avail. It is still taking 5min. to go from my selection of Roksbox to the "My Videos" icon and 3 min after that to learn that Roksbox can't find anything. Any other thoughts?
0 Kudos