Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

"JSW" wrote:
Ultras will work fine, UNTIL they download the latest version. Then they won't and will have the restart issue. My older Ultra is still on the previous version, as are my Roku 3's, and they still work. The new Ultra I got on Black Friday downloaded the latest version and all it does is restart the Roku. I don't know if there is a way to prevent updates, but I have a feeling all Rokus will be broken once they download the latest version.

My Roku Ultra is running 9.0 -- has been running that for weeks -- and it works great. It's not broken like you said it would be. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JSW
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
My Roku Ultra is running 9.0 -- has been running that for weeks -- and it works great. It's not broken like you said it would be. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

I'm not sure of the exact version since I can't launch it (it tells me it's not configured yet and clicking OK on the message reboots the Roku).

Earlier I posted I was afraid my other Ultra and Roku 3 would stop working when they got the update. But the Roksbox interface on my existing Rokus changed (fairly dramatically) a few weeks ago, so now that I think about it they have probably upgraded to the latest version (I'm at work now so I can't check).

Perhaps the issue isn't with upgrading existing Rokus to the latest version - perhaps it has something to do with the initial configuration? I assume a brand new installation of Roksbox is going to execute different code than an upgrade would.

Kent_c and I are both having issues installing Roksbox on brand new Ultras. Has anyone tried setting up a new Roku 3 recently? I'd be curious if they would have the same installation issue.
0 Kudos
stan7826
Level 7

Something must have updated in the last couple days. I have a Roku 2, and Roksbox is now totally broken on it. We also have a Roku 2 XD, and it still works there, but my daughter's room has a Roku stick, and it doesn't work there. On the ones where it doesn't work, it just starts up with the Roksbox logo, then a little spinny thing, and then black screen forever.
0 Kudos
ronganus
Level 7

Undo Roksbox update? Been using Roksbox for years and love it. Recently my Roksbox was upgraded, now it loads the media directory super slow and one of my folder that has a dew hundred movies will not display the movies in it, instead it shows an empty directory. Can you downgrade to the previous version or is something being done to fix these issues?
0 Kudos
hhdbennett
Level 7

guys, it’s actually the updated roku that breaks roksbox. the updated roksbox was supposed to be compatible with the new roku version but obviously it’s still in need of some compatibility changes.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Now new issue with Roksbox Cloud - it doesn't load at all - it gets past the splash screen, I see a quick blip and then my guess is it is trying to reach a webserver and just hangs with a blank screen (it used to do this a long time ago to fetch themes and then time out after 15 seconds with a cached/default theme if it couldn't reach home) - it stays black for at least five minutes - so basically the channel is unusable.

While I didn't care for the update dropping Poster layout, only grid, it DID work on my Roku.  now it doesn't work at all.
0 Kudos
ronganus
Level 7

"krisbee" wrote:
Now new issue with Roksbox Cloud - it doesn't load at all - it gets past the splash screen, I see a quick blip and then my guess is it is trying to reach a webserver and just hangs with a blank screen (it used to do this a long time ago to fetch themes and then time out after 15 seconds with a cached/default theme if it couldn't reach home) - it stays black for at least five minutes - so basically the channel is unusable.

While I didn't care for the update dropping Poster layout, only grid, it DID work on my Roku.  now it doesn't work at all.

Same here, there was an update a few weeks ago that made it almost unusable, now apparently there was another update that broke it completely.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Spoke to the developer real quick - he is aware of the issue and is still working around the new Roku coding that is out there that channels have to adhere to, plus the recent OS change (I did notice it changed a few days ago, the whole Roku OS).  He will hopefully have a fix soon for it (at least the Cloud version, but I think almost all the different versions of the channel use the same code base).
0 Kudos
sharpedge
Level 7

Dang, using roksbox now reboots my roku 3 Smiley Sad. I had some issues with the new version but at least it was working until today Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

Last update fixed the channel for me - no more black screen - everything working again.  12/16/18
0 Kudos