Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JSW
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Hi,

I'm having the exact issue Kent_c reported.

I picked up a Roku Ultra on Cyber Monday. I registered Roksbox Cloud on it, but when I launch it, it says "Welcome to Roksbox Cloud. This profile has not been configured. Follow the Roksbox Cloud setup wizard to select your media device and setup your profile for the first time."

When I click OK, the Roku reboots. I tried removing and reinstalling Roksbox Cloud but it has the same issue.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
hhdbennett
Level 7

roku box runs version 8.1, roksbox works

roku tv runs version 8.2, roksbox fails

update needed please
0 Kudos
dieskim
Level 7

yes this is now broken on the lates roku
0 Kudos
Baelog
Level 7

I have the same problem. I have been using ROKSBOX Cloud since 2015 and have never had any problem until Dec 4th. I tried to upgrade to ROKSBOX xstream but it did not help. On my older ROKU 3 it still works but not on my ROKU Ultra.. Please help.

Baelog
0 Kudos
stacychick67
Level 7

My Roksbox and Smugmug are both broken now that I upgraded to the Ultra. C'mon guys! In fact, my Ultra restarts every time I click Ok on the message about Roksbox setup needed. And, of course, the Roksox website couldn't process my registration. Now I get to wait for somebody to fix that. 
Back to the restart issue....This Ultra has restarted on it's own (when I'm adding channels, etc) no less than 4 times in just a couple weeks now. I hope it doesn't mean I have a bad one. The 3 was so solid I was definitely expecting better.  
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"stacychick67" wrote:
My Roksbox and Smugmug are both broken now that I upgraded to the Ultra. C'mon guys! In fact, my Ultra restarts every time I click Ok on the message about Roksbox setup needed. And, of course, the Roksox website couldn't process my registration. Now I get to wait for somebody to fix that. 
Back to the restart issue....This Ultra has restarted on it's own (when I'm adding channels, etc) no less than 4 times in just a couple weeks now. I hope it doesn't mean I have a bad one. The 3 was so solid I was definitely expecting better.  

That is unusual behavior for an Ultra. I’ve been happy with mine. Yes the Roku 3 devices were rock solid. The Ultra has been a good device so far.

Hate to say it, but you may need to Factory Reset it. Be sure to unlink it from your Roku account first.

After resetting it and relinking it, see if the restart issue remains. If so, return/exchange it. It should be doing that.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
carllr
Level 7

anyone have a fix for the roksbox app crash? hasn't worked since the update. Same issue as everyone else, click OK to set up Roksbox and Roku reboots. 3 different roku tvs and they all do it.
0 Kudos
sharpedge
Level 7

Do we know yet who's making changes to Roksbox?  Is it still WilDD? 
0 Kudos
Baelog
Level 7

Still no fix. Frustrating. It has been a week.
0 Kudos
JSW
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"stacychick67" wrote:

That is unusual behavior for an Ultra. I’ve been happy with mine. Yes the Roku 3 devices were rock solid. The Ultra has been a good device so far.

Hate to say it, but you may need to Factory Reset it. Be sure to unlink it from your Roku account first.

After resetting it and relinking it, see if the restart issue remains. If so, return/exchange it. It should be doing that.

Ultras will work fine, UNTIL they download the latest version. Then they won't and will have the restart issue. My older Ultra is still on the previous version, as are my Roku 3's, and they still work. The new Ultra I got on Black Friday downloaded the latest version and all it does is restart the Roku. I don't know if there is a way to prevent updates, but I have a feeling all Rokus will be broken once they download the latest version.
0 Kudos