Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I have used Roksbox for Dropbox for years and loved it. About a week ago it stopped working. Now matter what observation as my root folder, it cannot find any files to play. Please help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"cem1701" wrote:
Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I have used Roksbox for Dropbox for years and loved it. About a week ago it stopped working. Now matter what observation as my root folder, it cannot find any files to play. Please help.

This is happening to me too.  I change the root folder and it keeps telling me no media is found and use the set up wizard.  WillDD can you help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"js787" wrote:
"cem1701" wrote:

This is happening to me too.  I change the root folder and it keeps telling me no media is found and use the set up wizard.  WillDD can you help?

Pretty sure the problem is just with the root folder.  I put in my entire dropbox folder as the root folder and was able to find my movie folder.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just encountered the "No files found." error message, also, when using Dropbox as my media server in Roksbox Cloud. The problem has to do with the video root folder. Roksbox Cloud will not accept anything you specify other than the Dropbox root folder. Then you have to search through all your other Dropbox subfolders to get to the videos you want to see. Before this problem happened, I could specify the video subfolder in Dropbox directly. I hope this is fixed soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Up until earlier this week I was able to stream all of my videos from DropBox through Roksbox Cloud. Then it stopped working and tells me that after parsing my directory structure (which has not changed), it can no longer find any of my media files. I had the channel pointing to a specific folder within Dropbox from which I wanted to stream video. The channel no longer seems to recognize this. If the channel requires me to start from the root directory in Dropbox, it's generally useless to me, as I don't want to expose all of my Dropbox files to other people in my household.

I then purchased and installed, successively, Roksbox X Stream and Roksbox for Dropbox, thinking that there was some change to the software or an update that I'd missed. I then went through the setup for each of them and the same error happened on both X Stream and Roksbox for Dropbox. I then tried to use Roksbox Cloud again and found that the Option menu had disappeared.

I have now purchased and installed four different versions of Roksbox and still cannot stream video from Dropbox. All I wanted was for the channel to keep working as it had been up until Sunday or Monday of this week. What happened, and how can I get it to work properly?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Does anybody from Roksbox actually read this board? The wilddtech.com site says to come here for tech support. I am hoping that there will actually be tech support here -- nothing has changed for the Roksbox X-Stream, Cloud, Dropbox or Google Drive versions I bought and have installed on my Roku, they still can't find any files (even the same files stored elsewhere in Dropbox) anywhere but in the root of my Dropbox directory. Before -- a week or two ago -- Roksbox Cloud had no trouble parsing my directory structure and finding and playing all of my video files. I don't know if something has changed in Dropbox or in the Roku firmware, but no Roksbox channel seems to be aware of whatever it was that changed. I hope this can be remedied very soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Roksbox newbie here ...
Can't even get thru Setup ... Clicking on "Setup Wizard" consistently kicks me out to Roku** Home screen!?!  ...  Whaaaa??

Attempted to Register at http://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/ -- but after entering required data, get this CRAP @Submit:
"Warning / The email address you entered is already in use or invalid. Please enter another email address" ...  Once again, WTH??

Just wanted to be able to play H.264 .MP4 movie from USB plugged into Roku, but Roku Media Player fell on its face!

Please Help!   Anyone??
----
** Roku 2XS w/Roksbox Cloud [private] Channel installed
----
FWIW -- Video specs follow:
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom
File size                                : 23.2 GiB
Duration                                 : 2h 0mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 27.7 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-09-05 03:21:12
Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-09-05 03:21:12
Writing application                      : Lavf51.12.1

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Baseline@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : No
Format settings, ReFrames                : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=12
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 27.5 Mbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 33.0 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 30.000 fps
Original frame rate                      : 24.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.443
Stream size                              : 23.1 GiB (99%)

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 162 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 139 MiB (1%)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

And now getting still more CRAP:at Roksbox/Wildtech website:  
"Please enter the email address for your account. A verification code will be sent to you. Once you have received the verification code, you will be able to choose a new password for your account."

And - of course - absolutely NO WAY to actually Contact any Administrator --- assuming there actually IS one!     ARGGGGGHHH !!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Since the 7.7.0 update I can't watch most of my MP4 files on Roksbox Cloud anymore Smiley Sad . Shorter ones seem to work? I get "There was an error in the HTTP response".
Roku Digital Video Player links:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/links
Private Channel Database:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/RokuDigitalVideoPlayer/database
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi all,
I consider myself as an advanced user of Roksbox, that I use for specific use. There is a great feature in Roksbox that seems great but in fact in not logical at all.
In the XML definition of one video (1 per file) or all the videos (once per collection), there is a tag: <GENRE>
The problem is that tag is used both for the genre of the movie (Comedy, Drama, ...) and the category. It's ok when one want to order movies by categories but sometimes, it's not a good idea at all. In my case for example, I want only 1 category (folder) for all my movies, without sub categories. So if I tag <GENRE>Movies</GENRE>, I dont have the genre in the movie summary, of course.
So I suggest a change in the XML definition: add a <FOLDER> or <CATEGORY> tag for the category of the video in general (not a movie), and <GENRE> for the movie genre(s).
Like:
<xml>
<video>
<folder>Movies</folder>
<genre>Comedy, Drama, Action</genre>
</video>
</xml>

Regards.
0 Kudos