Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debstoy54
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Testing

What is the difference between "Roksbox Cloud", "Roksbox Xstream" and "Roksbox Plug N Play"?  Is one of these the latest and greatest while the others are outdated?  When I originally purchased Roksbox, it was "Roksbox Cloud" and you had to go thru Roksbox.com to activate it.  Since that no longer appears to be possible is it the case that Xstream and PnP are newer versions that don't require this?  
0 Kudos
clos2016
Level 7

Hello, I am using Roksbox for google drive. I have added jpeg files and xml files in google drive directory where Roksbox is set but my videos still show default screens. How can I fix it? I want to be able to see the thumbnail for each video not just the name.
0 Kudos
kuiqshifta
Level 7

Just purchased this and its been both exciting but difficult to setup. To start, ive been using twonky media server through my router/local network and the roku media player app. This roku app Works wonderfully with all (handbrake ripped) .mp4's being available to play. (Running this for months)After roksbox setup, directing to the same media server i have /video for directory, it says no media found. If i had known this i would used my $4 to buy a box of tissues instead. Any feedback on this,.... im not the first with this problem. Ive only purchased to gain more features (one being search option) for ease of finding videos but have lacked in it to work at all.
0 Kudos
pbnj
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"jdesign214" wrote:
Using Roksbox for quite sometime and for the last month, on all 5 boxes, I'm getting "format detected" when I start a video in roksbox. You have to click the ok box to see the video. I think this is from the last update. I have notified Roku. Still waiting for a fix. Anyone?

Bump.
Mee too, I get about 30 "startup progress" popups a "format detected", followed by a "start of play" then a new"playback position" box every few seconds.
0 Kudos
jhanson
Level 7

"pbnj" wrote:
"jdesign214" wrote:
Using Roksbox for quite sometime and for the last month, on all 5 boxes, I'm getting "format detected" when I start a video in roksbox. You have to click the ok box to see the video. I think this is from the last update. I have notified Roku. Still waiting for a fix. Anyone?

Bump.
Mee too, I get about 30 "startup progress" popups a "format detected", followed by a "start of play" then a new"playback position" box every few seconds.

Same here.  It has effectively made the channel unusable.  Does anybody know a good alternative?  I don't really like Plex.  I want something with the simplicity of Roksbox, only that still works.
0 Kudos
JSW
Level 7

"pbnj" wrote:
"jdesign214" wrote:

Bump.

Same thing here, but only on my Roku 3 - I have my fingers crossed on my Roku 2s; they are still working (except for the annoying one time "format detected" at the start). I noticed it Saturday (11/05) on my Roku 3. I checked the update history and it had updated on 11/04; I'm sure that's what did it. I'm in agreement on the issue, it makes Roksbox completely unusable.

I had a new Roku 2 I received recently for reactivating my Sling account. I swapped out the Roku 3 with the new Roku 2. My setup went fine until I tried to register Roksbox. When I try to login, it tells me "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet." If I try to have it send me my user name or password, it tells me "Reset password failed: This user is blocked. If this is an error, please contact an administrator." Any idea what's causing this or how to resolve it?

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"jhanson" wrote:
"pbnj" wrote:
"jdesign214" wrote:

Bump.

Same here.  It has effectively made the channel unusable.  Does anybody know a good alternative?  I don't really like Plex.  I want something with the simplicity of Roksbox, only that still works.

This issue was fixed a few months ago. Make sure you are using one of the following Roksbox versions or higher:
Roksbox Cloud:  V2.3.14
All other Roksbox versions:  V3.3.14
To find the Roksbox version, select Help from the Roksbox main menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JSW
Level 7

"WilDD" wrote:

This issue was fixed a few months ago. Make sure you are using one of the following Roksbox versions or higher:
Roksbox Cloud:  V2.3.14
All other Roksbox versions:  V3.3.14
To find the Roksbox version, select Help from the Roksbox main menu.

Hi WilDD,

Sorry if this is document somewhere, but I couldn't find it. How do I get Roksbox to update itself? I checked one of my Rokus, and it shows that I'm running V1.26.3 of your original server-based version, so it sounds like I am way behind on updates.

Also, do you have any idea why my account appears to be locked? I cannot log on to the Roksbox site.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
jchallen
Level 7

JSW, like you, I was running the old version of Roksbox. Here's how to get the latest: sign in to your Roku account in a web browser, choose "Add A Channel" and enter code CU2SC. It'all install the latest "Roksbox Cloud" which is slightly different than the old plain "Roksbox" app. Works perfectly and somehow got all the settings from my old Roksbox channel without having to set it up again. No more format detected, startup progress, etc.
0 Kudos
jonathanknez
Level 7

I have been using Roksbox for probably 5 years. Its great, very simply in comparison to plex.

I found my way to this forum page due to recent issues:

1. Formatted detected message

2. Playback stopping at repeatable time in a movie

3. Startup progress / start of play messages.

I am still running version 1.26.3 of the original channel. WilDD, I understand I need to install a more recent version. When I attempt to do so, Roku says I will have to pay for the channel again, $3.99 or $4.99. I already bought the original channel. Do I really need to purchase it again or is there some path I can take to get the new app without being charged again?

Thanks.
0 Kudos