Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"asellars" wrote:
Does anyone know the best settings for Handbrake on Ubuntu for converting to Roksbox?

Running Roksbox and Handbrake on Ubuntu 14.04 running apache. Roksbox is working fine. Trying to convert media using Handbrake.

When I convert a .avi file to m4v using the default settings (except for deselecting "Use iPod/iTunes friendly..." in preferences) the output has no audio and the window when viewed on the TV is not full screen (this may be the AVI file).

Video settings are:
Video Encoder: h.264 (x264)
Framerate: Same as Source

The audio tab is using the following:
Codec: AC3 (ffmpeg)
Bitrate: 160
Sample Rate: Same as Source
Mix: Stereo
Gain: 0dB
DRC: Off

Does anyone know the best settings for Handbrake on Ubuntu?

http://www.rokoding.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks krisbee,
You mention a 'unversal' setting. I don't see that documented anywhere. (https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide). How is that used?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"asellars" wrote:
Thanks krisbee,
You mention a 'unversal' setting. I don't see that documented anywhere. (https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide). How is that used?

Run this in a terminal to see all the settings you have:
HandBrakeCLI --preset-list

I'm at work right now, so I don't remember exactly the one I run... but I do believe the command line would be like this:
HandBrakeCLI -i inputfile.mpg -o outputfile.mp4 --preset="Universal" 

I'd also probably right a one line script so I didn't have to type input output files each time (but I tend to do that) Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hello, I purchased roDropbox channel on my Roku, and it has been working great, until today and yesterday when the new version of the app, Roksbox xStream, started to crash over and over again. So I removed it. But when I added it back on, from the roksbox site because it's a Private channel, it tells me I have to Purchase it AGAIN in order to register it. Nuts to that, I already spent the supposed one time fee for life, I'm not spending one more cent. How do I get the channel installed again, without having to pay again?!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Krepta3000" wrote:
Hello, I purchased roDropbox channel on my Roku, and it has been working great, until today and yesterday when the new version of the app, Roksbox xStream, started to crash over and over again. So I removed it. But when I added it back on, from the roksbox site because it's a Private channel, it tells me I have to Purchase it AGAIN in order to register it. Nuts to that, I already spent the supposed one time fee for life, I'm not spending one more cent. How do I get the channel installed again, without having to pay again?!

It should be either in your Roku My Channels, or in the Roku Channel Store under Movies & TV. Just select it from there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

WilDD

Been using Roksbox for years & I love it

But there is one thing I would like to see, more themes & layouts please. If possible maybe even open source themes & layouts some how?

Like I've said I been using Roksbox for years & love that way it works, but it looks kinda plain & would really like to be able to update the theme & layout.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"scooby609" wrote:
WilDD

Been using Roksbox for years & I love it

But there is one thing I would like to see, more themes & layouts please. If possible maybe even open source themes & layouts some how?

Like I've said I been using Roksbox for years & love that way it works, but it looks kinda plain & would really like to be able to update the theme & layout.

Thanks

Good idea. I'll see what I can do.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

For some reason, every time i start the roksbox app, I get an announcement about a dropbox feature problem. How do i disable this announcement?
0 Kudos
Level 7

Roksbox error message

My Roksbox no longer works. It gives me some weird error message regarding dropbox using HTTPS gridscreen and starting with V2.2.6 no longer working if you are using dropbox for video streaming. That is exactly what I use it for. Is there any solution for this issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Get error about no certificate after entering in my NAS IP address, it is a DNS-325, any ideas?
0 Kudos