Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:

I have heard, and seen, of an Apache server running on a Raspberry PI. It is running well and handling several hard disks with a total of over 5tb of files currently being served. It runs Linux so it should be a quite easy system to get setup and installed. In fact I an considering getting one and using it to power my server(s). In effect it could become an NAS with the advantage of being nearly infinitely expandable and using much less power than my current setup.

EDIT: It looks like there is an Android Apache. I would still trust Linux a bit more.

Awesome idea. I would love to hear back if you try it. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had been using the Roksbox with an older ROKU and it worked great. I purchased a new ROKU to use with Spotifiy. I setup and registered the Roksbox. It plays fine when it works. It will lockup sometime after the first song played. I think it is locking as it transitions from one song to another. Even when it does transition properly the song title is wrong for the first 10-15 seconds. Maybe that is a clue as to what is wrong. When it hangs, the remote up and down work but when I try to go back a screen I get the "working" message and it stays forever. I have to unplug the ROKU and restart it. I have used the Roksbox without issue for well over a year. This issue happened with the first attempt to use it on the new ROKU and has been occurring for about 2 months. Please help me figure this out. I have loaded the Beta channel and it does work better but still locks the ROKU. Roku Model is 2720X.
Thanks,
Daryl
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I switched to the ROKU media player. Has not locked since. It is not as nice of an interface as Roksbox but I cannot get any help for Roksbox so I guess it will have to do.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Been running a WD MyCloud 2TB drive for a while and using chaneru to great success. But that channel was starting to have problems loading the file and it has a hard to navigate interface. So I went looking and found this one.

Problem seems to be that I cannot find how to access the video files on my drive via the roksbox.

On the chaneru I navigated each time "wdmycloud > videos > by folder > james > movies" I had to click through every time.

Trying the setup, I entered a ip of http://192.168.1.11:9000 which will bring me to the twonky server page for my NAS. From there I can select videos and then movies to get me to: http://192.168.1.11:9000/webbrowse#video, which does not work as a valid address.

Tried
192.168.1.11:9000/videos/by folder/james/movies
:9000/videos
:9000/james
:9000/james/movies

Nothing ever seems to get the files to show. Software looks good, just need to get it figured out....

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I purchased Roksbox via the website about 10 days ago and never received a confirmation or registration code from your systems.
Please forward as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Bob
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I will keep trying, but looks like plex is doing what I want it to do. Just was hoping for a method that does not need an always on PC.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is the website having issues? I was trying to look at some of the documentation on the website and getting a lot of 404 and 403 errors.

Example: http://wilddtech.com/roksbox/home/index.php/creating-video-subcategories?id=133
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"JimMadsen" wrote:
Been running a WD MyCloud 2TB drive for a while and using chaneru to great success. But that channel was starting to have problems loading the file and it has a hard to navigate interface. So I went looking and found this one.

Problem seems to be that I cannot find how to access the video files on my drive via the roksbox.

On the chaneru I navigated each time "wdmycloud > videos > by folder > james > movies" I had to click through every time.

Trying the setup, I entered a ip of http://192.168.1.11:9000 which will bring me to the twonky server page for my NAS. From there I can select videos and then movies to get me to: http://192.168.1.11:9000/webbrowse#video, which does not work as a valid address.

Tried
192.168.1.11:9000/videos/by folder/james/movies
:9000/videos
:9000/james
:9000/james/movies

Nothing ever seems to get the files to show. Software looks good, just need to get it figured out....

Thanks

Is this a web server? If so, can you access it from a web browser at 192.168.1.11:9000? If so, then we should be able to get it to work with Roksbox.

From the Roksbox main menu, go to Options -> My Options -> Setup Wizard, then select Web Server.

On the screen that asks for the server address, select Change to enter the address in manually. Type the address as 192.168.1.11:9000 and select apply.

Select Continue to select your video file location. If Roksbox asks to search for your video files, select Yes. Otherwise select Remove to remove the current entry, then select Yes when asked to search for your video files. Roksbox will probably find your videos folder first, which is not what you want, so say No when it asks if this is the correct folder. It will then continue searching and hopefully find your movies folder. Say Yes when it asks if this is the correct folder. Continue with the Setup Wizard by selecting Continue on the next screens. You can have Roksbox also search for your music and photo folders.

When finished with the Setup Wizard, use the left arrow button on the remote to return to the main menu, then go to Videos to see if anything shows up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New version V 2.2.0

New Features
    Stream from Google Drive
    Play FLAC audio files (USB and http)
    Bookmark audio files for future playback at bookmarked location

Changes and Fixes
    Fixed problem with search for web server when using WiFi
    Made Dropbox authorization easier
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been using Roksbox without issue for a while. I now suddenly have a problem. I have most of my videos in the root directory of my web server. However, I have a small number of videos I have placed in a subdirectory under the root. I suddenly find that Roksbox is unable to find any videos that are not directly in the root location. I get an error 404 msg, stating "Unspecified or invalid track path/URL".

At least that's what it appeared...

Now I'm not sure what is going on, because I moved the movies so that they are all in the root directory. I then updated the videos.xml file to the correct new location. I am still have the problem. Here is the file path from the XML file of one of the movies I am trying to load:

<path>Star Wars IV - A New Hope.m4v </path>

I am using Personal Video Database to create the XML file. I am running Windows 7 using the native IIS server. I can manually navigate to the files from my PC. Also, I have tried this on 2 separate Roku boxes on 2 TVs, and the same thing happens. The cover art and movie info is displayed properly. The last time I know I successfully accessed these files was Saturday, April 19, 2014.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos