Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsroberth
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I haven't had any issues up until last week but now every time i open a file via usb it says "content contains no playable tracks" any ideas how i can fix it? I haven't changed the usb harddrive or the way i convert my files
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

Re: Shuffle photos?

"Andy114" wrote:
Hi there,

I am using the directory structure method to view my photos hosted on my LAN apache web server. Keep it simple. All works fine.

Is there a way to start a "shuffle photo" slide show?

My apologies if this has been answered - i could not find. Thanks!

Once you select your photo folder, you will have a screen with options play / shuffle photos: no / Change Slideshow Interval. Arrow down to shuffle photos: no and press OK to change to shuffle photos: yes. Now when you start the slideshow the photos will be shuffled.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"itsroberth" wrote:
I haven't had any issues up until last week but now every time i open a file via usb it says "content contains no playable tracks" any ideas how i can fix it? I haven't changed the usb harddrive or the way i convert my files

You might try going back through the setup wizard (Options -> My Options -> Setup Wizard -> USB Device) in case something changed somewhere.
0 Kudos
CorporateDog
Level 7

Just out of curiosity, since I'm nowhere near either my Roku or Roksbox right now and can't test this myself...

There's a reference in the Roksbox online documentation to movie posters that are in the 'YouTube' format, at the following URL:
http://roksbox.com/home/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=61

I'm aware that YouTube streaming functionality has been taken out of the app. So my question isn't really about that.

What I instead want to know, is IF I supply a poster image to Roksbox for a video file in the wider YouTube dimensions, will Roksbox maintain the dimensions of the image when it displays it in the selection screen? Or will it try to stretch the image vertically (and squash it horizontally) so it fits the more standard video poster dimensions?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

It stretches from what I remember...
0 Kudos
cptdondo
Level 7

Does rocksbox still hang for quite a while if there's no internet connection? Last I checked (quite a while ago) it would hang for almost 10 minutes before starting up....

Other than that it's a piece of cake to set up!

One suggestion for the docs - tell people that there's no server-side software to run. It took me quite a while to figure out that all I need to do is dump my media into a directory on the web server, and there's nothing else to do.
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"cptdondo" wrote:
Does rocksbox still hang for quite a while if there's no internet connection? Last I checked (quite a while ago) it would hang for almost 10 minutes before starting up....

If you don't use the cloud version of the channel, yes. With the cloud version, I think it is 30-60 seconds if there is no internet connection.
0 Kudos
cptdondo
Level 7

Great, thanks. I have the cloud version, confirmed working without internet connection. It only pauses for about 30 seconds or less; nothing too obtrusive.

Now a question on transcoding:

I am finding that with Roksbox some videos have lost the proper aspect, or some won't play on my older Roku 1 but will play on my newer Roku 2, so I want to transcode them. I have the original AVIs. (roConnect, my older player, played them correctly but roConnect is fundamentally broken and has been all but abandoned by the author.)

Does anyone have the appropriate command line arguments for handbrake?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gilgamesh
Level 8

"cptdondo" wrote:
Does anyone have the appropriate command line arguments for handbrake?

Because of the complexity of Hand brake's command line there are many different sets of parameters that people use.

I Firmly believe that most of the complexity is introduced by people trying to tweak things too much and most of the tweaks really do not improve the final product. Therefore this is the one I use most of the time:
HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "INPUT FILE" -o "OUTPUT FILE" --preset="iPhone & iPod Touch"

It works quite well for me.
0 Kudos
cptdondo
Level 7

"Gilgamesh" wrote:

I Firmly believe that most of the complexity is introduced by people trying to tweak things too much and most of the tweaks really do not improve the final product. Therefore this is the one I use most of the time:
HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "INPUT FILE" -o "OUTPUT FILE" --preset="iPhone & iPod Touch"

It works quite well for me.

I agree with you on the complexity.... I've been through this many times with mencoder and ffmpeg with varying degrees of success. For posterity, here's what I'm doing (I am using --optimize to move the atom to the front of the file; at least that's what it should do from the docs.)

Most of the other stuff just standardizes the names.

This is linux bash shell script, not windows.

#!/bin/bash
for f in $(cat movies.list) ; do

m0=$(basename $f avi)

m1=`echo $m0 | tr -c [:alnum:] ' ' | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]`
m2=`echo $m1 | sed 's/ / /g'`
m4=''
for i in $m2; do
m3=$(echo -n "${i:0:1}" | tr "[:lower:]" "[:upper:]")
m4=${m4}_${m3}${i:1}
done
m5=`echo $m4.m4v | sed 's/^_//'`

echo processing $m5
/usr/bin/HandBrakeCLI -i $f -o $m5 --preset "High Profile" --optimize

done
0 Kudos