Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WilDD
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

"tfrost2002" wrote:
I was able to find the ip address but when checking for the proper folder by entering the ip address in the browser "C:/www" did not show up but it did show a "parent directory" with nothing else on the list. The directory exists under My Computer C: drive in windows. What now?

It looks like you just need to put your media files under your c:\www folder.

c:\www
Music
Photos
Videos

Then put your media files under each appropriate folder. Then you should be able to see your files from your web browser when you enter your ip address.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"gkpotluri" wrote:
Hi,

I am not able to add my NAS drive to the Roksbox. I am not able to find the path for the content in the NAS. I have a Lenovo ix2-dl. The path it shows for the content when I log in using SSH into the NAS is /nfs/Movies. But when i try to enter the same in the setup wizard it say not available. Seems like I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
gkpotluri.

Do you have a webserver running on the Lenovo ix2-dl? If so, can you see the files by typing the Lenovo ix2-dl ip address into a web browser?
0 Kudos
CorporateDog
Level 7

Re: Possible Bug w/ Subcategories?

"WilDD" wrote:

And sorry about the hair.

No problem! While waiting for it to grow back, I came up with THIS...

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/index. ... 439.0.html

... which automates a lot of the process involved with exporting TV shows and episodes from PVD into Roksbox.

Now I just have to spend the next five-to-ten years ripping my DVD collection, to make it all worthwhile. Smiley LOL
0 Kudos
jdesign214
Level 7

Hi,
I have roxsbox set up with a drive and now i'm almost out of room. Is it possible to have the directory point to
2 different drives?
Thank you
Jdesign214
0 Kudos
krisbee
Level 7

"jdesign214" wrote:
Hi,
I have roxsbox set up with a drive and now i'm almost out of room. Is it possible to have the directory point to
2 different drives?
Thank you
Jdesign214

You can do that in the webserver - I have my stuff spread across many drives. Just have an alias set up and back on track.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gilgamesh
Level 8

"jdesign214" wrote:
Hi,
2 different drives?
Thank you
Jdesign214

If you are using Apache then it is pretty easy to do using the Alias directive. I have it working without problem. I think Mongoose has a similar directive as well.

I have not been able to get the Alias to wok across computers but as long as the the drives are connected to the same computer it is pretty easy.

You can also use Junction.exe to accomplish a similar task under Windows XP and I think it might work on Windows 7 or there might be a native Win 7 command to do the same thing.
0 Kudos
jdesign214
Level 7

I'm sorry but the only part of that I understand is to add the directories to the iis I set up? Could you point me to where I can learn how to set up an alias?
Also, would you mind explaining whats the dif between the original roksbox and the newer cloud version (i'm running the original).
Thanks so much for your reply.
Jdesign214
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
I have not been able to get the Alias to wok across computers but as long as the the drives are connected to the same computer it is pretty easy.

I had very minor success (it sometimes worked :mrgreenSmiley Happy if the networked drive was mapped like a harddrive. And I believe I had slightly better results when I Aliased a shortcut instead of the actual folder. It's been a good 4 years since I did that though, and I don't fully remember the process I went through. I do know it was a monumental pain though Smiley Happy

"jdesign214" wrote:
Could you point me to where I can learn how to set up an alias?

[Edited ... I should actually read the article I'm referencing first]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172138 [corrected URL]

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

"jdesign214" wrote:
I'm sorry but the only part of that I understand is to add the directories to the iis I set up? Could you point me to where I can learn how to set up an alias?
Also, would you mind explaining whats the dif between the original roksbox and the newer cloud version (i'm running the original).
Thanks so much for your reply.
Jdesign214

This is the Alias section in my Apache Config file: "httpd.conf"
"Movies" is a shared folder on another drive. "Movies" is the shared name.
"G:\AllMedia" is the folder Apache serves to Roksbox and "Movies" (a different one) is the directory of my Video files.

This puts a link in my "Movies" folder under my AllMedia folder.

Note: The quotation marks seem to be important even though none of the paths involved have spaces and the direction of the slashes is also very important. And notice that the slash in the Alias definition line is opposite to the one in the Directory line.
I also had to create an empty directory under G:\AllMedia\Movies called zzz_PortableMovies.(If that directory contains anything at all the Alias does not seem to Work.)
The fact that there is a "Movies" directory where all my movies reside under AllMedia and that the shared folder is named"Movies" seemed to have no relationship but as I remember it did not work until I changed the shared name to "Movies."
(This is a exact cut and paste)
========================
Alias /Movies/zzz_PortableMovies "G:\AllMedia"
<Directory "G:/AllMedia">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
========================

That is a lot of explanation for seven lines but it seems Alias is more complicated than it needs to be.

As far as the differences between versions I would suggest you install both and see. They can coexist just fine.
BTW: I recommend you get Aliases working before you test the newer Roksbox. It is best to be testing in an environment you are familiar with.
0 Kudos
Andy114
Level 7

Shuffle photos?

Hi there,

I am using the directory structure method to view my photos hosted on my LAN apache web server. Keep it simple. All works fine.

Is there a way to start a "shuffle photo" slide show?

My apologies if this has been answered - i could not find. Thanks!
0 Kudos