Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I have not heard of the problem you describe but let's see what we can do to fix it.

Since You R1 works we don't need to worry about re-encoding.

The first thing to try is a power off reboot. Unplug the Roku and wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in the test Roksbox.

If that does not help try removing and reinstalling Roksbox. While we are here I have a question. Which ver of Roksbox are you running? If it is the original Roksbox then try Roksbox Cloud. The Cloud ver is what I run.

If the above does not help, we will avoid a factory reset for now as I doubt it will fix the problem, there are some other things to try but first report back here so we can evaluate the next things to try.

I doubt that the Lt itself is the issue but you never know. If you are able to do so fairly easily you might try getting an R3 just to be sure. There is a slight possibility that the LT is the problem but it is not likely.

Oh, it just occurred to me it could be a wireless issue that the LT does not handle well. Try changing the wireless channel in your Router to something like 11 or 6. It can't hurt to try as you can always change it back if needed.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

New version available - V2.1.0

A new version of Roksbox is now available. Version V2.1.0 provides the ability to skip the main menu and go directly to your default media screen. To set Roksbox to skip the main menu, go to:

Options -> My Options -> Menu Preferences -> Show Main Menu

From the Show Main Menu screen, choose "yes" to show the main menu, or "no" to skip the main menu and go straight to your default media screen.

If you want to change your default media screen, go to:

Options -> My Options -> Menu Preferences -> Default Media

From the Select Default Media screen, choose "Video Screen", "Music Screen", or "Photo Screen".
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

Thanks WilDD everything works as advertised.
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
Thanks WilDD everything works as advertised.

Good to hear. I'll work on your request next (I haven't forgotten about it).
0 Kudos
farside847
Level 7

Awesome!
0 Kudos
beq
Level 8

Coincidentally I'd already re-installed Roksbox Cloud yesterday on another Roku account, and saw the default media option. Didn't realize it's new :mrgreen:
0 Kudos
WilDD
Level 7

"JSW" wrote:
Hi,

I've been using Roksbox for several years now and love it, but I have a few questions.

1) Has anyone been having problems with themes? I have three Rokus running Roksbox, and they are each set to show themes automatically, but I've noticed for some time that they aren't working. Most recently was the 4th of July, no theme, just the black background. I could manually select the 4th of July theme and see it, but as soon as I changed back to the automatic option, it was gone.

If you're using Roksbox original, the auto themes should work now. If you're using Roksbox Cloud, there aren't any holiday based themes. However, some of those themes are nice (I like the Halloween one). Maybe I will add the holiday themes to Roksbox Cloud.

2) I also noticed we had a recent software update on Roksbox. Maybe I’ve just never found it, but is there a page that shows what was added/changed in each update (and maybe when they were released)? If not, would it be possible to have that? Right now I kind of stumble across new features by accident.

Unfortunately I don't have anything organized for that right now.

3) This is a request I’ve made a couple of times, but is there a chance of getting a delete option added for movies? One of the things I use Roksbox for is part of my homemade DVR setup, and it would be great if I could delete TV shows after I watch them. Especially with a verification first, so I don't delete something by accident! Right now I go to my server periodically to clean them up.

This would be very tricky to do. You would need something like PHP on your local server in order to do the deleting, which would make the setup much more complicated. I will give it some thought as a possible option for those who might be interested.

Thanks as always for your great product!
0 Kudos
themann00
Level 7

Is it possible to have both a webserver AND usb configured? It seems whenever I configure one, the other no longer shows up. I want ROKSBOX to be my one-stop shop!
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Level 8

"themann00" wrote:
Is it possible to have both a webserver AND usb configured? It seems whenever I configure one, the other no longer shows up. I want ROKSBOX to be my one-stop shop!

Although I rarely use the USB option recently I had a need to test it and I set up and ran the USB for a while. (Worked well by the way) Then I changed back up the web server and all my settings remained. All I had to do was choose the web server and all my settings remained.
0 Kudos
farside847
Level 7

Has anyone ever used a Raspberry Pi to stream movie files to Roksbox?
0 Kudos