Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: roksbox -Streaming Local Media Channel Available for Tes

I have another question. I have made a few BIF files for FF and RW. While I FF the dialog box that normally would hold the BIF screenshots displays but no screenshots are displayed. I am currently using the USB drive to hold my movies. Does this work over USB?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just paid for the program but my account is still asking me to pay. I installed the channel a while back but never got a chance to set it up and was finally going to do it tonight but I am stuck because it keeps asking me to pay. The site will still allow me to pay as well which is unacceptable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"Saget" wrote:
I just paid for the program but my account is still asking me to pay. I installed the channel a while back but never got a chance to set it up and was finally going to do it tonight but I am stuck because it keeps asking me to pay. The site will still allow me to pay as well which is unacceptable.

Send a PM to WilDD He owns the channel and can help you. It may take a day or so but he wrote and owns the channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Gilgamesh" wrote:
"Saget" wrote:

Send a PM to WilDD He owns the channel and can help you. It may take a day or so but he wrote and owns the channel.

Does he still use this thread for support? I paid for it too, but have not gotten any replies from him. Should I PM him too?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have a problem with Roksbox ...

We have had it working for over a year and love it.

Suddenly this last week, when we try to play a movie it says "Service does not support range requests". The web server didn't change. The network didn't change. The hardware didn't change.

We are using Mongoose as the web server. So we tried installing that on another computer and connected Roksbox to that, with the same results: "Service does not support range requests".

We have reset the Roku and the network multiple times. We've rebooted the PC multiple times.

What else should we do?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

"ccollins29615" wrote:
We are using Mongoose as the web server. So we tried installing that on another computer and connected Roksbox to that, with the same results: "Service does not support range requests".

We have reset the Roku and the network multiple times. We've rebooted the PC multiple times.

What else should we do?

My first suggestion, even though it was working, would be to switch to Apache. When I first started using Roksbox several years ago I installed Mongoose because it seemed simpler but after a while I started having some strange, almost inexplicable, errors. I, then, bit the bullet and installed Apache.

After installing Apache I have not been plagued with any of the errors I had before.

You can install Apache without removing Mongoose until you get everything the way you want it just in case.

Be sure the following lines appear in your Apache config file:

EnableSendfile Off
EnableMMap Off
Win32DisableAcceptEx
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Roksbox website is currently down. I am working with the website host to get it restored as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The Roksbox website is back up, but new registrations are currently disabled. I hope to have this working soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The website, logins, and registration are now back up. Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. We unfortunately had a spam attack that is hopefully under control.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My current movies sheets have stopped showing up in RoksBox (Cloud Version). Worked fine last night. Just added a new Roku 3 and updated the RoksBox Settings. Is there something else I need to update? Even already existing Roku 3 is not showing the new sheets -- I believe there was a Roku Update on that one too...

Thanks!

EDIT:

Found it. In the past, my setup in RoksBox said 'Media\Videos' for the folder location. When I generated the xml file from PVD, the file came out like this in the xml file:

Media\Videos\Action\Adventure\Jack Wilder\El Dorado City of Gold 2010 720p.mp4

NOW, after this latest update, its has to be:

Action\Adventure\Jack Wilder\El Dorado City of Gold 2010 720p.mp4

Notice I had to take off 'Media\Videos\' from the xml file generated by PVD.

That appears to be the change as now the movies and the movie sheets work... I guess the app pre-pends the Media\Videos to the url...

-Don
0 Kudos